A little family

(Falcon)

Falcon grinned as he exited his final class before Christmas Break and nudged Draco. "You going home for the break?" Draco nodded before smiling apologetically "Yeah, sorry I won't be here to keep you company..." He just waved dismissively. "Go have fun! I'll have plenty of company with the twins." Draco nodded and they began their descent into the dungeons. As soon as they rounded the corner, a barrage of scarlet assaulted them. Falcon immediately scowled and his hand drifted down to the wand concealed beneath his robes. Draco arranged his face into his usual cold pureblood persona and cleared his throat. The figures slowly turned around and he recognized Fred and Georges' former brothers among the small group gathered. He stepped forward and sneered. "Well, well, what are the little lions doing down in the snake den?" The one Falcon recognized as Percy stepped forward. "Thought you could get us in trouble by not showing up to the duel, did you?" Ron stepped forward and grinned while twirling his wand. The other lions drew their wands as well and stepped forward slightly, in an effort to be intimidating. Falcon just scoffed and turned to Draco. "They think they can challenge us on our own turf. I knew they were dumb, but not this dumb." With a cry of rage, the Gryffindors rushed forward. He flicked a small pebble at a concealed knob hidden in the stonework of the dungeon wall. Instantly, a thick gel oozed from cracks in the floor of the stone and Harry silently thanked the twins for setting up the entrance to the dorms with several traps. Falcon slipped on a glove, relieved when he felt the glove heat up as it recognized his magical signature. With a savage grin, he slowly raised his hand, the gel mimicking the action.

Falcon strode into the common room with Draco and immediately located the twins. He pointed to them and raised a brow to Draco, who took the hint and walked off towards the first year rooms. He silently walked up to them and sat. They sat in silence for a while, then spoke. "Everyone knows that we have nothing anymore. No home, no family name... Do you know what happens when a wizard is stripped of his or her family inheritance?" He just shook his head and waited patiently. George stared into the fireplace, and Fred turned to look at Falcon. "When a wizard is born, half-blood or 'pureblood,' they're born with family magics, passed through their bloodline. The magic is separate from your own innate magic but intertwined with it at the same time. When you're stripped of your inheritance, it's taken. It feels..." Geroge spoke up, finally turning to look at Falcon with a solemn gaze. "It feels like a piece of yourself has been ripped away. Your chest feels cold, empty." Falcon rested his hand on his own chest, trying to imagine the emptiness he'd be left with if his own family magics were taken away. He shuddered before speaking up. "I... I'm sure it can't replace what you've lost, but..." He took a deep breath. "I wrote to the goblins, and I can grant you lordships and family magics from my own lines...if you want, that is..." He nervously sat as the twins shared a look, clenching his hands and fighting back tears. "I'm sorry I thought that-" He was interrupted by the twins as they trapped him in a bone-crushing hug. "Of course-" "-we accept! You have-" "No idea how-" "Much this means to us!" He didn't bother trying to keep up with who was talking when, relieved they weren't upset at him. 

Later that night, Falcon finished a letter, sealing it and sending it off to Gringotts.