Circus

"Get up boy!" Large green eyes slowly opened, blinking away any lingering drowsiness. His Aunt Petunia pounded on the door. "I'm up Aunty." His voice was quiet; nervous and unsure what was happening. The small four-year-old slowly climbed out of his cupboard and stretched his wings. Aunt Petunia glared in disapproval. She shoved a small plum at him and glowered as she spoke. "Eat and then get dressed freak." He nodded, and bit into his plum. When he finished, he climbed back into his cupboard and got dressed. Finding a clean if oversized T-shirt and jeans, he got pulled them on and climbed back out.

His Aunt stood with her arms crossed. Thrusting a large trench coat at him, she gestured to his wings. When he put it on, she gave him a baseball cap to hide his unruly hair. She jerked her thumb to the door. "Get into the car and don't wake Vernon or Dudley up." Meekly, he nodded.

Harry watched as his they pulled up to a large fair ground. Climbing out of the car, he followed his Aunt's brisk pace. Arriving at a large striped tent, a burly man with a mustache opened the flap with a curt nod and small smile. Harry gasped when he stepped into the tent. It was large and held performers in colorful costumes, exotic animals of all kinds, and many other wonders. His Aunt marched up to a man in a tailcoat. "Petunia Dursley, I presume?" The man asked. She nodded sharply. "And who might this be?" He said looking at Harry. "This is the-" she paused and looked around. "freak. I was telling you about."

The man nodded. "Are you sure? He seems like a sweet boy." His Aunt shook her head. "I don't want someone like him." The ringmaster nodded. "Alright." Aunt Petunia nodded again before walking away. Harry looked quizzically up at the man as he bent down. "Harry, your aunt has... decided that you would be better with a new home." He gestured around at the tent. "This is your new home. Welcome to the circus Harry."

"Now, what talents do you have?" Harry had been thrust into the middle of a circle of performers. He shrunk into himself, unused to so much attention. The ringmaster, whose nickname he learned was Puppet Master, smiled gently. "It's alright little one." Harry nodded slowly and shyly and shrugged off his coat. Tugging at the hem of his shirt, he eventually pulled it off. There were gasps all around him as his wings stretched.

Puppet Master smiled. "We'll call you Falcon."