18) You're What I Need

____________________________

Please read the Author's Note at the end when finished with this chapter!

Thank you!;)

____________________________

“Ladies and Gentlemen, trip seventy-four to Miami, Florida is now boarding. It’s departure will begin in approximately thirty minutes. Thank you!” The woman speaks loud over the intercom, waking me from my uncomfortable, and restless sleep on the steel chairs of the bus station.

This is it, Piper. Once you board this plane, there is so turning back.

Sighing heavily, I force myself up from the steel chair, and stretch out my sore back, a consuming ache filling nearly every part of me. Not just an ache because I was sleeping on these damn steel chairs. but, a longing ache because of what I’m about to do.

I reach down, and pull up the handle to my suitcase before walking towards the correct bus terminal. This is it. I can’t just go back to my crew. I can’t call my mom, and tell her I’m sorry. I have to just go. Start over from scratch.

I am no longer-

“Piper!” I hear a familiar voice shout out over the loud stammer of frantic people, trying to catch their own bus.

I’m taken aback a little, by the voice. I must be hearing things. My mind is just taunting me now. No one should know I’m here.

“Piper, please stop!” The voice calls out over the crowd again.

This time, I know I’m not just hearing things. Someone is really calling me. I whirl around, and at first see nothing but a sea of people scurrying all over the place. But, taking the time, to keep searching just in case, I see something shoving through the crowd aggressively trying to move closer. Not just something… No, someone. Carter.

My eyes practically bulge out of my face at the sight of him. What the hell is he doing here? He isn’t supposed to know I’m here!

“Piper, please don’t leave me again! I know you pregnant again.” He pleads as he finds his way up to me.

“Carter w-what are you doing here?”

“Everything I said, I didn’t mean it. Any of it. I was being an ass, and I couldn’t see how much I need you. But, I see it now. I need you in my life, Piper. And,  my son, and whatever it is that your carrying right now. Please don’t leave me again, Piper. I-I need you.” He pleads, taking both my hands in his. “Please, please, please, you don’t have to do this. Don’t do this, please.”

I can’t help, but just stand there and stare at him, my mind going completely blank as I try to think of a way to respond to this. It was only months ago that he told me he didn’t want his son, that he wanted nothing to do with it, and now, he’s here pleading with me to stay so that he can be in their lives. Talk about whiplash.

More or Less {A.C.M}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara