8) More

And, once again, I’m within the presence of complete and utter shock. All three of the boys look absolutely flabbergasted,  none of them, expecting those words to escape my lips. And,  yet they did anyway...

"So, you really didn't come back here to fuck with Carter?" Robert asks, gaping at me incredulously.  

"Not to play with him, but..." I sighed, my voice trailing off as I remembered how it felt while I was laying with him last night. I'm not just going to pretend that I felt nothing, I'm not stupid, but it's just so complicated...

"What is it, Piper?" Alex asks, concern and a kind of ache swirling within his eyes.

"I may have done what I did to get Carter to get over me, but it did the exact opposite for me... And, I've already hurt him enough as it is, but,  I'm not an idiot... I know what I want." I sigh, running down my face in frustration.

"If it makes you feel any better Carters knows what he wants too." Robert grins mischievously.

"And, he won't stop until he gets it." Zach says, mimicking the exact same wicked grin on Robert's face.

"He won't stop until he gets..." Tyler continues,  grinning just like the others.

"You." Alex finishes.

I just stood there for a few minutes,  just staring at the four of them, a subtle smirk growing upon my face. "How long did it take to rehearse that?" I ask.

"About five minutes." They shrug simultaneously before heading towards the exit.

"Hey! Carter absolutely cannot know about this, got it?” I demand firmly, pointing my finger at the lot of them.

“Got it.” They answer simultaneously in sync. I couldn’t help, but chuckle a little to myself, rolling my eyes before turning back to my girls.

As they leave, a silence drags on, and all eyes of all my girls are on me. An uneasy feeling I don’t appreciate settles in my stomach, quickly making me void of many emotions.

“I know you know what you’re doing, being the lead for a reason, and all, but can we really trust them?” Quinn mumbles submissively.

“Those idiots are like family. Of course I can trust them.” I answer

“They must be something if Piper is so trusting of them.” Wren chimes in positively.

Glad someone has got some confidence in me…

Without much else commentary, the girls go up to their rooms to pick out their outfits for the club tonight. Speaking of which, I have to do so too, but the stairs are just so far, and I don’t feel like climbing that mountain. So, i just linger around the kitchen, quickly catching sight of some bacon the boys suspiciously left behind.