Chapter 10: Room 93

Authors note: finally chapter 10! Enjoy. >//< comment and like, please. I had this halfway done for weeks and never had time to finish it. Sorry about that. College is a bitch. The biggest bitch I have ever met to be honest...
- LuluPunkRock 🌙
-------------------------

----Itachi's POV----

"Good morning! Tonight you are leaving! You're not in a full recovery yet but your vital signs are good and the injury is almost healed. So it's fine for you to function by yourself. You did a good job dear." The nurse smiled big and placed my last breakfast on my plate. The smell of warm oatmeal was inviting. I definitely wasn't used to eating in the morning for six days straight. It was so new for me.

"Do you have anyone to take you home?" The nurse checks my heart rate with her stethoscope. I suddenly realize that I'm about to go back to the real world. I'm about to visit society and the city again, and I don't feel very excited about it. I feel my palms sweating already. I turn my gaze up at the smiling nurse. I want to scream.

"I believe Kisame will drive me home. What time do I leave?" I manage to keep my voice calm and avoid it from shaking. I don't think I'm ready to even walk down any street. I really need to get myself a car and stop walking to my apartment from university. I have my license, I just don't have my own car. I can probably take out a loan from my bank.

"You leave at seven tonight. Eat up now. If you want to contact your family, the telephone is down the hall and head to the right. There will be a tiny booth and a door so you can have your privacy. It's free too so don't hesitate using it." She smiles that lovely smile and walks off. It wouldn't be such a bad idea calling my father again. I just don't feel like it. I've got too much to worry about.

I stare down at my oatmeal, yogurt and coffee. They finally decided to cut my breakfast down lower after they realized that I never finish their meals. It took them five days to finally decide on changing my meals. I stab my spoon in the bowl of oatmeal and slowly raise it to my mouth. It smells so good. It reminds me of the oatmeal my mom used to make before I graduate the academy. She would make oatmeal every morning for me and a very tiny Sasuke. I loved decorating it with raisins and chocolate. I can't remember exactly when I stopped eating breakfast. But I do remember enjoying breakfast and always having a healthy appetite.
--------------------------

It's six in the night and the skies are dark. One more hour until I leave. Winter is calling and I can't help but feel so excited inside. I love the holidays and the snow. My two favorite things in the world.

The nurse is helping me change out of my hospital gown and into the outfit I wore when I arrived at the hospital. They cleaned my small mustard yellow shirt, my black jeans, and my socks. They even kept my shoes safe. My eyes couldn't help but widen as I see that outfit right in front of me. I can almost hear the bullets in my head and the loud crash against the bench and into the tree. I almost shiver.

I feel the nurses finger tips touching my back as she unties the strings of the hospital gown. I finally got used to the gowns and the feeling of being naked near a bunch of strangers who called themselves nurses and doctors.

"We will mail you some great therapists and their offices if you need any therapy or help from this incident. Make sure you at least look at it Itachi. I'm aware you declined getting help with our psychiatrist and refused to stay at the psych floor, but that doesn't mean there's no other outside help for you." Her voice is strong and soft at the same time. I can't remember her name or if she even introduced herself. I don't want to know her name. I like thinking of her as the nameless nurse who made sure I ate, sleep, and not watch Boomerang too long or else it'll increase my headache.