Chapter 7: Hell

Author's Note: Another chapter for this amazing story. xD (Overconfident much?)  PLEASE comment. I want to hear your opinions! Don't be shy.... <3

- Lulu

---------------------------------------------

-----Itachi's POV-----

I watched Kisame gathering his pack of cigarettes and wallet and shoved them in his leather jacket. He definitely appeared happy since our lunch together went well. It's definitely not a date but I've got a feeling that he thinks it's a date. We stayed in that restaurant for three hours that felt like thirty minutes. Time flew by so fast when I ate with him. I didn't notice the sky darkening. Winter is coming. 

He's opening the door for me as we leave the restaurant. I honestly don't want to be around him anymore especially since I've choked on his exotic presence for hours. I just want to be home. I don't want to know what he wants to do with me after our "hangout." I'd like to walk home instead. Who knows what he'll do with me in the car after being more comfortable together. 

"I..." My mouth opens and I'm staring at my feet walking closer to his ugly car. I don't want to look at his face. "I'd like to walk home. Thank you for the meal. It was fun." I can't help but look at his face. He's smirking. 

"You sure? It's cold out. I'll drive you home Itachi." His voice sounds strong and more confident. I feel bad. But I'd feel even worse if I find myself in trouble. It's best to play it safe. I must stay logical: It's dark and cold outside. I'm with a man I know pretty well but not that much. It's better to walk home. 

"I'm sure. Thank you, Kisame." My feet are moving involuntarily away from his car. He's probably going to grab me and shove me in his car. Should I run? 

"Alright, babe. Call me when you get home. I don't want to go to sleep wondering if you're home safe or not." His body is leaned against the passenger door. He's pretty calm about this. I guess he won't snatch me. It's not my fault I hear stories about date rape incidents in my university. 

I nod and walk faster towards traffic. I finally hear his car engine turning on as I turn left at the traffic light. I feel guilty running from him after all the kind things he's done for me. It's not my fault I'm not used to being around men like him. I can't help but feel glad inside. I am glad. Only because I'm choosing a safer option despite knowing that Kisame is a kind man. It still wouldn't be enough to get in his car again, he might just be using all of this as a front just to hurt me. 

The flashing lights, the highway signs up ahead, the autumn leaves and my feet racing against the pavement. I see Maple Avenue up ahead. In about fifteen more minutes, I'll be lying on my bed. I suddenly cannot wait to get to my apartment. I quicken my pace.

I glance around me and I see the horrific, ugly, absolutely disgusting Halloween paintings* hung against the store windows. So many paintings next to each other, so many colors popping right at my face. This town really needs to take a painting class or two. It's pitiful. But it actually looks even creepier in the night than in the daytime. Which is pretty good, since it is the month of Halloween. 

I finally cross Maple Avenue and I want to run home. I'm tired of being here. I just want to be home. My feet follows my mind and I'm running past the small knick-knack shop towards a bar. I see bright lights and sad faces through the window. Their drunk hands holding their glasses so lazily. I run faster towards the next stop light. 

"Hey!" I hear a loud voice yelling at me. I don't think he's talking to me, and if he is; I'm definitely not going to answer him. I keep running.

"Hey! Pretty boy! Stop Running!!!" He's yelling louder and I hear other voices laughing. I slowly turn my head and glance behind me. I see a tall man, even taller than Kisame! He appeared probably seven feet tall. He had long orange-red hair and sharp teeth like him. He's overweight too. And I see two other men with him, one with long brown hair and green eyes. The white of his eyes are red instead of white, and it looks creepy. He's got a strange sewed up skin. I see another man next to him with black shades and white hair, he's dark skinned and looks intimidating as well.