Chapter Eighteen

THREE MONTHS LATER

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU finished your book that fast," said Colton in between bites of cheesy broccoli and rice.

I grinned. "What can I say? I had great help."

"Claudia, you sure are an impressive young lady," said Colton's mother.

"Thank you, Mrs. Hawthorne," I said, my cheeks turning red.

"Please, call me Judith."

Colton gave my leg a reassuring squeeze under the table.

"Thank you, Judith," I said before taking a bite of casserole. "The food is delicious. Thank you so much for cooking something vegetarian for me."

She gave me a warm smile. "It was my pleasure."

Colton smiled and brushed his foot against mine. A moment later, he cleared his throat and raised his glass in the air. "I'd like to make a toast."

I raised my glass, as did his mother.

"I am incredibly lucky. Tonight, I'm surrounded by two strong, beautiful and caring women. Although I've made mistakes in the past, you both accept me for who I am and didn't judge me based on who I might have become. Your support means everything to me, and I love you both."

The air instantly flew out of my lungs.

Did he just say that he loved me?

We clinked our glasses together.

Judith got up and kissed Colton on the cheek. "You're the best son I could have ever asked for."

"Thanks, Mom."

"I'm going to go get the dessert. I'll be back in just a moment."

As soon as his mother left the room, Colton turned his chair and scooted mine toward him. "I meant what I said," he whispered. "I love you, Claudia."

I grinned and brushed my lips against his. "I love you too, Colton."

THE END

*******

Cliffhangers,

Awww!

Claudia and Colton have their happily ever after ending!

How wonderful is that?!?

I really loved writing this book and I'm honored that you took the time to read it!

Let me know what you thought of SNOWED IN in a comment below!

Hearts and Daggers,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo