Chapter Eight

WE SPENT THE REST of the day plotting out the details of my novel and stoking the fire.

"I should probably try to shovel around my car," said Colton. "I doubt we'll be able to get the tow truck out tonight, but maybe by tomorrow."

I nodded. "Do you need some help?"

He gave me a lopsided smile. "Oh yeah; the strapping, young, able-bodied man asks hot girl—who is recovering from a concussion and bruised ribs—to help him shovel."

"You think I'm hot?" It came out more surprised than I intended.

Colton's cheeks turned dark red. "Well, yeah. You're the prettiest girl I've ever met."

I smiled and bit my lower lip.

"Okay—on that note—I'm going to go outside," he said.

He headed out. The door closed with a quiet thud.

I looked at my laptop. My fingers twitched with anticipation. I slid it over and opened it. The battery read fifty-three percent. I scooted back until I had the couch cushions behind me. I grabbed a throw pillow and held it. It smelled like Colton. Smiling, I placed it on my lap with the computer on top.

Once I got started, my fingers flew across the keyboard. The scenes and the words that Colton and I had talked about the night before came to life. The compassion the woman at the grocery store showed Sasha brought tears to my eyes.

The door swung open, startling me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," said Colton.

I laughed. "It's okay. I was just totally wrapped up in my story. I think I got over two thousand words in the past hour. I've never written that fast before."

"That's great, Claudia!"

Colton's support made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

"How does it look outside?" I asked.

Colton made a funny face. "Well, I managed to get most of your driveway and around my truck. The problem is that the road in front of your house is still covered in snow. It's blown around quite a bit as well. There are drifts that are close to five feet tall."

I frowned.

"We might be stuck here another day or so," he said. "We should probably take the food out of the refrigerator and pack it in the snow on the porch. It won't stay cold in there for much longer."

"Good idea."

"Also, I called the tow truck. If he can get out of his driveway, he'll bring his truck and plow your road tomorrow morning. He'll take your car to Jimmy, who thinks that he has the correct part. It should be a pretty quick fix."

"So, I've got another day stuck here with you then?" I said, trying to hold a smile back.

Colton's jaw dropped.

"I'm just kidding," I said, crossing the room.

"Kidding, huh?" Colton grabbed me by the waist, pressing his cold hands against the bare skin just above my yoga pants.

"Colton!" I screamed. "You're freezing!"

I pushed his hands down and grabbed them. I quickly guided them behind his back and pulled up his shirt. "Now you get a taste of your own medicine!"

Colton squirmed away. "You are ruthless!"

Shrugging, I held up my hands. "What can I say?"

Colton grinned and lunged forward.

I giggled as he scooped me up in his arms and twirled me around.

He bent down, planting kisses on my forehead, chin, and jawline.

"You know what, Claudia?" Colton asked.

"What, Colton?"

He smiled. "There isn't anyone else I'd rather be snowed in with."

I reached up and pulled his face toward mine. "Me either," I said before kissing him.

******

Cliffhangers,

Merry Christmas! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday! For my friends who celebrate other wonderful holidays, I hope they are all filled with love, peace, and joy!

Also, could Colton be anymore swoon worthy?

Hearts and Daggers,

Kelly Anne Blount

Kelly Anne Blount

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
SNOWED IN (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें