Dom sucks his teeth then snaps his fingers, pointing at me.  "Then it won't be any of us."  He shrugs. 

He just fucking shrugged!

He better have someone reliable in mind if he can suddenly be so casual.

I blow out a breath of frustration.  "Then who?"  I raise both hands. 

"It has to be someone they won't suspect.  These auctions attract new men into the trade all the time.  Sex sells unfortunately.  Do we know of anybody that can be smooth enough to not raise suspicions?"

The light clicks on and I'm fairly certain that the right person pops into my mind.  I shoot forward quickly, wincing at the jolt of pain assaulting my shoulder.  Eagerly I say, "I have an idea."

•••

"I'm sorry, you want me to what?"  Adrian squawks, eyes impossibly wide and his hands on his hips.

Yes.  He squawked. 

Yes.  I might've chuckled.

He always was one of Amaris' more dramatic friends.  Every time I asked if he was gay, she swore he wasn't.  Wouldn't have bothered me any.  His mannerisms keeps things interesting.  I've seen him eyeballing Miranda but I swear he was also eyeing up the twins. 

He is also very secretive and disappears for weeks at a time without a word, worrying his mom and grandma when they can't get a hold of him after a few days.  He's a mama's boy and his grandma thinks he is the most precious thing on earth. 

I guide Adrian to a seat.  He doesn't seem to be too keen on this idea.  I repeat, "We need you to go undercover to the auction that will be held by one of the Bratva clans.  There is always new men arriving at their auctions to buy the women they kidnap, so you should be fine."  He's afraid.  Shit.  This isn't looking good.

I study the alarmed look on Adrian's face for a moment longer before turning to Dominic.  I raise a brow and tilt my head toward Adrian, hinting for some help in convincing him. He is the best option.  He doesn't live in or near town since they graduated and they also didn't keep in touch much.  He shouldn't be familiar at all to them.  He hasn't visited or come to any events over the last four years until he showed up to the pool party.  Courtesy of Cole or Jace for an invite.

He picks up on my attempt at subtlety, always the observant one.  Before Dom gets a chance to persuade, well threaten him, Adrian sighs, a resigned look on his face.  "I swear to God I am going to die and when I do... I will haunt both of you."  Adrian murmurs, glancing between Dominic and I.  "But I'll risk my life for Amaris."

A slow smile forms on my lips as relief flows through.  I was beginning to think he wouldn't help us but deep down, I knew he wouldn't puss out.  Especially when it concerns my sister.  I feel like an asshole banking on their friendship like this but it's our only option right now.

"Okay so we can't put a wire on you or anything.  That shit will definitely get you killed." Dominic takes a seat as he begins laying out the plan to Adrian.

Adrian sighs loudly, "Yeah.. I vote for not getting me killed." He continues a mumbled conversation between himself and maybe another personality of his for a few moments as Dominic and I sit silently, witnessing his quick trip to crazyville. 

He stands up and starts pacing.  "I've never even been in love before!  And kids!  The world can't be deprived of little Adrians roaming around!"  He slumps back down in his chair. 

I lean forward and place a hand on his shoulder.  "Adrian.  Look at me."  He does.  "Are you sure you're not a woman?"  I chuckle, only half kidding.

He snorts.  "Sometimes I just might be.  Remember my coconut bra?"

Dominic and I look at each other before looking back at Adrian. 

I shake my head trying to rid myself of the memory but it is still funny nonetheless.  Small bubbles of laughter escape me.  "Please don't remind me bro."  The coconut bra was great.  His choice to go commando under the grass skirt wasn't so great.

After about a solid hour, we have a strong plan set forth.  Adrian has calmed down and stopped being a diva for the time being.  His fear isn't misplaced.  I admire his bravery to agree to go head first into the unknown for Amaris.  He's a great friend.  I'm feeling a bit better about our chances now.  He's a smooth talker that has a great poker face when necessary and won't give jack shit away around strangers.  Eventually I'll figure out what he does in his free time.  Now isn't the time to ponder on that though.

Finding Amaris is my -our- priority. 

Deciphering Adrian fully can come after.

I silently plea with God.  I want to bargain with Him but I know that isn't how it works.  I will trust in my faith and hope all of my transgressions can be overlooked for the time being.

We're coming for you little sister.  Just hang in there.