Chapter 16

Sam leaves, again. He didn't seem like himself, though. More careless and easily angered. It was odd. Grace was devastated that he had to leave yet again. After she told him he's her father. All he said was 'I see it. Welcome to the family.'

                        • • •

          A year passes. Grace talks on the phone with some hunters while skimming through a book. Bobby, even though he's reluctant about it, has brought the kid under his wing. They work more as a partnership than a family. They stay put at their home base.
         Being 20 and an archangel child has it's perks. It doesn't matter what you drink that is alcohol, you don't get drunk. That could also be a bad thing, too, depending on how you think about it. Bobby let's Grace have a beer from time to time.
         Besides picking up phone calls, the place has been dead of Winchester activity. None of them have come around since Sam came here last. Nothing new or scary has happened. Just dull phone calls.
        Someone knocks on the door and Grace calls to Bobby. Bobby walks to the door and talks to whoever is at the door. Grace continues her phone call, twirling a beer bottle in her hand.
        After a bit, Bobby calls Grace over and she gets up from sitting. She walks over and sees the brothers. Together again. "Heya, Dean," She crosses her arms and leans on her hips, "Nice to see you again after you ditched me."
        "You ditched her?" Sam looks to Dean, quizzically.
       "Bobby convinced me to leave, remember? I didn't ditch her,"
       "Really? Ditching someone is totally not leaving someone for a year after you called them a pain in the ass."
       "You called me a douchebag!" Dean complains and Sam blinks before smirking.
       "That's my girl," Sam tells me and I smile to him.
       Dean looks to the both of us with a discombobulated face. "What?" He says after a bit.
       "Oh," Sam looks to Dean and gestures to Grace, "She's my daughter."

                                    • • •

        "What?!" Dean yells after Sam tells him the whole story, "You fucked Gabriel?"
        "Yup, he did," Grace tells him as he looks totally mind blown.
        "So, you're really.."
        "Your niece, yes,"
        "Now I am really sorry for walking in on you,"
        "I'm surprised you remember, Jackass,"
        Dean scoffs and smiles awkwardly as he looks at Grace. He seems softer. The normal life must've done that to him. "How's the normal life goin'?" Grace asks which causes Dean to look more alert.
        "Fine," He turns to Bobby, "Bobby? Can Ben and Lisa stay here for a bit while we hunt this thing?"
        "Are they at the house?"
        "Since that's where they attacked me, I think they might still be in the area."
        "Sure thing, Dean," Bobby responds and Dean nods in relief.
        Great, leaving again. Grace sighs and rolls her eyes at Dean as she gets up from her chair. Grace walks into the kitchen and grabs another beer bottle. Taking a sip, Dean blurts, "Hey, what do you think you're doing?"
       "Drinking at 20," She turns to him with an eyebrow raised, "Why?"
       "Nothing, nothing,"
       "You were the one who offered me a drink about a year ago,"
       "Yeah, I did, didn't I?"
       "Mhm. Well, you guys had better get going,"
       "Yeah," Sam finally chimes in, "Let's get going."
       Dean hops up and heads out to the impala. Sam smiles to Grace and ruffles her hair, "Be safe, kiddo."
       Grace smiles and waves bye as he walks out the front door. Her smile slowly fades as she sits on a chair. She hates seeing them leave so much. She wishes they'd stay.