Chapter 8

Telling a complete stranger her story about her papa going missing wasn't the greatest. His reaction wasn't great either.
"So, he just leaves for a few days sometimes and if he doesn't come back in three days-?" The tall, younger brother starts and Grace sighs.
"I start my own life," she looks to her hands, "without him."
"He sounds....a lot like my father."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Him and I always fought. Dean kept us apart when we did. He always said we were a lot alike, but I never saw it. My dad had made Dean into his soldier self that he is. Dean wanted to be just like him."
"Mmm, daddy issues."
Sam chuckles slightly at the joke she made."But yeah, pretty big asshole even if he tried to care about us, it'd always come out wrong."
"Well, my papa wasn't like that." She starts, looking at the marks on her fingertips, "He was caring and strong. He'd make jokes and get angry easily, but mask it with more jokes. Just masking so much. Hence my jokes and snarkiness. The only thing that might've made him seem like an asshole was that one three day thing."
Sam nods, getting up and patting her shoulder. "I'm sorry. We'll look for your father, kid."
"I'm nineteen, so I don't think 'kid' is a valid name."
"My brother will think of something, but I should probably check on them. I'll be right back."
Sam saunters his way out and closes the door behind him. Grace looks around. Alone again. She climbs into bed and hugs herself.

"Wait, so you think she's-?" Sam questions as Castiel cuts him off.
"A Nephillum," Castiel looks towards the room, "An angel and human hybrid, yet she's stronger than most."
"What do you mean?" Dean looks into Castiel's blue eyes and Sam looks in between them.
Sam started noticing their butting bromance a long while back but he swears it's more than that now.
"That she's a cross between an archangel and a human. Dangerously powerful and basically and beacon of light."
"Do you think she...knows?" Sam raises an eyebrow at them.
"No. Well, Maybe."
"Maybe?" Dean exaggerates.
"Yes."
"How?"
"It seems as though she lives with one parent so either side could be the archangel, depending on the vessel they've chosen."
"Fantastic."
Sam couldn't believe it. They had an archangel baby on their hands. Plus, they are very dangerous. Sam sighs "So, what are we going to do? She didn't choose to be alive, she's innocent. We can't kill her. One of her parents disappeared so she's really...upset."
Silence sets in then Dean shrugs "Sam has a point."
"Well, we could find her father." Castiel suggests.
"But first, you're saying sorry."
Cas nods and heads into the room, the brothers following. The room was quiet and Grace was staring straight towards them. "Grace, I'm sorry for attacking you," Castiel sits across from her but she doesn't break her straight face, " I was trying to figure out why your soul was so strong, but I, Uhm, realized you're a Nephillum."
"Yeah, I am." Grace looks straight into his eyes, "And you're an angel. I hardly ever left my papa's place because he was afraid I'd be attacked. I...I was his sunshine."
That hit Sam hard. That this girl never left home because of what could happen to her. The she was her father's light in his life. We need to find her father. "Did your father ever say where he was going?" Sam asks, wanting to help.
"He had a calendar of his schedule." She starts to rummage through her bag, "Its really messy but it said he had a meeting with his job or friends."
She pulls out a calendar and holds it out to Sam. "Do you have anymore of your father's things?" Sam grabs the calendar and flips through it.
She shakes her head, "The rest are sentimental."
Sam nods and looks at calendar for this week. Labeled two days ago is 'Hanging with buds @ Elysian Fields Hotel'. "Elysian Fields Hotel..?" Sam raises an eyebrow to Grace.
She nods, "Yeah. Said he was going to a meeting for work. He was really close to his co-workers."
Sam looks to Dean then back to Grace, "We can go back-"
"Go back as in you might've been there when my dad was?"
"Well, yeah. It was...pretty chaotic there, but we can go back and check the list of people that checked in there."
"Let's go then." She starts to stand up and Dean pushes her shoulder, sitting her back down.
"No, No, we'll head there tomorrow because," Dean falls back on his bed, "We'd like some sleep. In the morning, we'll go."
She rolls her eyes and crawls into her bed. "Goodnight, old man..~"
"Not old, just tired."
Castiel walks out of the room as Sam lays down on the couch. Ah yes, Elysian Fields Hotel. Sam knows of that place very well. Gabriel came back as the trickster god, "Loki", as the other gods almost used them as bait. Then, lucifer started his way to there and Dean made Gabriel sacrifice himself for the greater good. Thanks, Dean. Also, thanks Gabriel. If anything, Grace's father would be one of the many people they saved. Sam closes his eyes and and found his way to a deep sleep.

{Author's note: Hey, y'all who are reading this story. I have written 15 chapters of this story and I was wondering if you guys want to keep it one chapter per five days or two chapters per five days? Thank you all for reading and put your input below, if you'd like!}