untitled relations

Start from the beginning

Hani and her boyfriend are still out for a date, so I'm home alone at her place for the next few hours at least. I hate eating alone, I always have. I truly wish, Hoseok would be here...I decide to text him.

19:23 Minapple

hey :3

I was wondering when you are free the next time? I'd like to see you again and I already miss you. Saturday already feels like centuries ago <3

Right after sending out the text, my phone started vibrating heavily and the picture of a certain someone popped up.

Hoseok?

Hoseok: "Hey Mina! We're on a quick break, so I must keep it short. I want to see you again, too, but this week is so full of things I need­­ to take care of! I'm so sorry... I don't think we'll be able to meet properly for a while. The year is coming to an end and even though all I want to do is be with you right now, I have my responsibilities to –"

Someone was calling out for him in the back.

My heart drops. I hate this feeling.

Me: "Uh, right – responsibilities. It's me who should apologize." I try to smile. "It's okay, really! I hope everything goes well for you."

I hang up. Why did I lie to him? Nothing is okay... Tears roll down my face while staring on the wall and I feel cold. Deep down I knew that something like this will to come clear to me sooner or later. I should have known that he is a very busy person. He is so passionate with practicing and his career, there won't be any place for me to fit in, would there? It's almost a miracle he had time for meeting me twice now...okay, three times.

I almost flip the table while being angry at myself. I'm not even hungry anymore.

My phone was vibrating again, but I threw it on the sofa...where it bounces off and on the carpet. Stupid thing. I hate it. Never should have bought one. It's better to be by myself than keeping someone from making others happy and working hard.

I mean...I knew that it would be no good. What the hell did I expect? We're from two different worlds. I'm glad I cancelled my flight though...the time I spent with him is precious to me. Dammit. Why is all of this so complicated. I just want the best for him. Now, I would only be a distraction to him.

I don't know what to think anymore. Was I being selfish by hanging up? Or would it be even more selfish to try to build up a serious relationship with someone that barely has time for something like...friendship or even love.

He has so much to do at the moment... and he doesn't need someone like me. I should ultimately draw a line beneath this chapter.

I decide to take a walk to clear my head...but I don't think this will change things as they are. It's a fact it won't work out in either way.

9:39pm

JHope's POV

Jimin: "Alright... tell us what happened. You made so many mistakes this rehearsal..."

Me: "Uhm- how do you...?"

Jimin: "Your face says it all, Hobi. Come on." Was I making it that obvious?!

Me: "I-...I only wanted to apologize for being so busy." I look down at the phone in my hands "She quickly hung up and by now still did not answer. "And then she said it's okay and hung up."

Tae: "That definitely does not sound like 'okay'..." Tae was clearly busy searching for solutions. "Hmmm...what if you go to her place to see if she's alright?"

Me: "I already would be there, but I don't know the address... she is staying at her friend's house, because, uhm..." Right, I did not tell them because I thought it would just be too complex to explain. "She actually wanted to move away, away from Korea."

Jungkook: "She- what?" He's shook.
Suga got up and left.

Namjoon: "Why would she want to leave? To me, she seemed quite happy. Her Korean is flawless as well."

Tae: "What on earth must happen to scare a girl like Mina away?! I'm so sad, I want to see her...and hug her!"

Jin: "She probably had her reasons to leave, but she decided to stay for Hobi! Sooo romantic!" Instead of cupping his own face, he cupped Namjoon's. Aish, these guys though.

Me: "I'm just so afraid of losing her... she's precious to me. I hope she picks up soon, I'm worried I said something wrong."

But as soon as I wanted to lift up my phone to dial her number, it started vibrating. Finally. Please be safe!

However, it was not Mina's number that was shown on the screen.