Chapter 19: The Wayward Son

Start from the beginning

He strolled through the forest for a few more minutes of trudging through the dirt and freezing from the cold wind. In all his life, he didn't think he ever felt the cold, and now he did. It wasn't as bearable as it was living through the hot summer days in Beacon Hills, California. It wasn't as easy either, to live in such a hot environment, but it was tolerable.

Suddenly, his eyes perked up as soon as a sign started to appear out of the fog. Stiles picked up the pace and ran towards the sign with the energy he had left.

Welcome to Storybrooke!

Stiles sighed as the sign gestured to the road ahead which lead to the one place he knew he needed to watch every step he took, Storybrooke. The fog in the distance made it hard to determine how much he had to walk. He shivered, not from the cold, but in fear of what was lurking within the grounds of the once peaceful town. He didn't move, he just stood there, near the sign. He breathed in and out with a few shaky breaths. It was odd, it wasn't like he was lost. He knew exactly where to go. Henry had told him about the Sorcerer's Mansion and how it's light magic was unlike that of the fairies that lived in Storybrooke. Stiles didn't have to be a genius to know that with light magic that powerful, the monsters wouldn't dare enter. That is why he had planned to reach the mansion as soon as he could before dusk came. But still, he couldn't move for fear kept him frozen.

"Tense are we," Stiles gasped and turned to see a familiar man in a black coat with a smirk on his annoying, bearded face.

"Crowley? Wow, can you at least poof in front of me. It's bad enough I'm drinking coffee which causes my ADHD to go crazy, do you want me to beat you up," Stiles asked in confusion and surprise. Crowley smirked, "What would be the fun in that?"

Stiles ignored him with an eye roll and looked back at the road where Storybrooke lied beyond. Stiles sighed and was about to move until Crowley spoke again.

"Well actually, I doubt you have the physical strength to punch me in the face. And I can tell that, you're scared to go in, aren't you," Crowley asked with an amused smile. Stiles groaned in annoyance, but he knew that Crowley was right. He tried to lie to the demon, "No, please I have a werewolf as a best friend, and an entire pack of supernaturals as my friends. I think I'll be fine."

"You mean the same friends you killed as Void Stiles," Crowley slurred. Stiles froze as soon as Crowley brought that up. He heart started to beat fast and his body shook from anxiety. Ever since he had awakened from his slumber, the had thought about it every single second. Not once did he forget how his friends looked like with tubes attached to their faces. How he had wished that Fenrir never enchanted him and make him turn on those who he cared about. That is why, he was doing this alone. He couldn't live with himself if Mason died in Storybrooke by Fenrir's hands. His friends had been willing to die for him before, and he was going to do the same for them.

"What's the matter? Demon got your tongue," Crowley snarled in glee. Stiles clenched his fist in anger and started to walk towards Storybrooke, or least he had tried. Just as Stiles was about to move his body, he left something push him back. He tried to moved his arms but they were crouched close to his torso. He felt as if he were tied by a rope and he was being pulled by some bodybuilder.

"What the hell? Crowley, what are you doing?! Let me go," Stiles exclaimed. Crowley shook his head as he moved his hand to make Stiles move closer towards him. Stiles could feel his entire body moving against the slippery road. Crowley said, "I was sent to search for you on your father's behalf..."

"He isn't my dad. And I told Henry not tell anyone that I was coming. Did he seriously rat me out to everyone," Stiles yelped. Crowley smirked, "Well judging by how Dean practically begged me to find you, I knew that you must've ran away."