Chapter 17: The Curse and the Gift

You know that feeling, where you're back is aching when you're laying on a hard surface. If there was anyone feeling that right now, it was Stiles. He groaned as he started to awaken from his uncomfortable slumber. He shook his head as it ached a little, luckily it wasn't like a hangover, otherwise he would've been cursing his mouth off. Cold metal caused Stiles' back to ache as he tried to stretch his arms. Wait what the...

Stiles looked down to see that his wrists and ankles were bound by iron shackles. He tried to wiggle out of them but it was useless. He looked around to see where he was after his eyes adjusted to the strange lighting. He looked to see that he was some stainless steel instruments table, and the room itself was plain and creepily. It was covered with shelves of files and surgical instruments. Next to the table he was lying on, was a trolley with strange objects you would see in horror movies for the villain to experiment on the fallen hero.

"Ah, you're awake," shook a deep voice. Stiles turned to see the man smirking at him, wearing a white apron and holding a board in his hand. "I am glad you were able to grace me with your presence."

"What the hell am I doing here, you bitch," Stiles roared. The man laughed at him. "I should be asking you the same thing. Shouldn't you be, mourning right about now?"

"Mourning? What the hell are you talking about," Stiles asked with panic in his voice. The man didn't respond, but he did smirk at the confused teenager. Seeing that the man wasn't going to answer that question, he continued to ramble, "What do you want? What did you do to me? What happened to my friends? What did you do to my dad?!"

The man rolled his eyes at Stiles and rubbed his forehead, "Questions. Questions. Questions. This is how it is for you Stiles. Always questions. Questions and questions. Why were Sally and Dean your parents? Why did they give you up? Why couldn't you make Lydia fall in love with you? Why are you the only 'normal' one in the pack?"

Stiles bit his lip to hold in his profanities of anger. The man continued to mock him, "But despite it all, you always had that spark in you. Sally wasn't wrong when she said that love was the reason you would always succeed. And probably will allow you to succeed in the future, and ultimately...lead you to your downfall."

Stiles eyes furrowed together in confusion. "How do you know about that? How do you know her name?"

"The vision duh," he man said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. However, Stiles couldn't help but think there was more to what the man was saying. Stiles watched as the man inspected the little devices for operations with a curious eye. Stiles was hesitant to ask, but he needed an answer. He needed to know the truth. With a shaky breath, he asked, "Did you know her?"

The man turned his attention from the instruments to him with a small smile that seemed more diabolical than his smirk. The man answered with a shrug, "We've crossed paths. I won't lie, she was far more beautiful than any other mortal in this entire world. Plus, she was always the feisty and mischievous one. But she was also noble, she always put the lives of the people she cared for first above her own. That was probably why it was hard for villains big and bigger to take her down."

Stiles was silent for a minute. Who were you really, Sally? He wondered. He asked, "What did you really know about her, about Sally?"

The man's gaze remained upon the knife. "Well for one, I believe Sally is a stupid name. Trust me when I say, she didn't really like the name either."

Stiles was lost for a while, until it dawned to him that something wasn't right about the way he was talking about Sally. Stiles exclaimed, "That doesn't make any fucking sense! What do you mean she didn't like her own name? She was born with it wasn't she?"