Chapter 1: The Truth

Sheriff Stilinski opened the door to his home and walked in as he shrugged off his jacket. He rubbed his eyes as he looked around to see that his humble abode was still filled with files, papers, and boxes that were stacked against the walls.

    "Stiles? You here?" he yelled as he walked to the living room. For the past month, Stiles has been away from home ever since he decided to go to the college campus to get himself familiarized with his surroundings.

    When he had heard that Stiles was coming home, his father had done his best to clean the place up and prepare Stiles' room. He had worked his butt off even harder because of Stiles' experience in the Realm of the Riders. The boy was strong, sure he'd joke sarcastically about how it was a horrible experience, but as a father, Noah could tell that his son was still trying to recover from that last battle. He had let Stiles rest and regenerate from his loss of strength.

    He was actually glad that Stiles was coming home, because there was something important he had to tell Stiles. Something he couldn't hide anymore.

    When he strolled into the living room, Stiles was on the couch with a file in his hands. His breath was a bit off and his eyes were wide with anger and something else. Mr. Stilinski couldn't quite put his finger on it. With a closer look, Mr. Stilinski saw what he feared the most. The rage behind Stiles eyes was also filled with a mixture of sadness and confusion. "What's with the face?"

    "Dad, what the hell is this!?" Stiles asked as he threw the files at his father. Before Mr. Stilinski could tell his own son off, he looked upon the file and immediately one thought ran through his head. Oh, shit....

When he opened it, he made a small gulp as he realized that his darkest secret was revealed. "Stiles, I can explain."

Stiles scoffed a bit, "Explain what? That a random woman named Sally Lewis is my biological mother and that she gave me up for adoption?"

    His father looked down in disappointment as the file on Sally Lewis displayed different pictures of her, along with criminal records. He regretted leaving the file out in the open like that, especially since Stiles was one to be curious. He should have known better! He should have known that Stiles would learn about everything within these papers because of those sticky fingers.

    Noah Stilinski had been keeping information on her for a while, but he didn't have the stomach to tell his son the truth, at least not yet. That was the reason why Noah was looking forward for Stiles' return, to tell him the truth. "Stiles, sit down, and let me explain."

"Can't wait to hear this." Stiles flopped down on the couch and listened to what his father had to say with a hard glare. Mr. Stilinski sighed and sat next to Stiles. "Okay let me start from the beginning..."

    "In a far away galaxy...."

"Stiles!" He shut his mouth and rolled his eyes. "Continue, father!"

    Noah breathed in and started. "Your mo-...adoptive mother, couldn't get pregnant. We had tried many times to get a child, but it never ended well for us. We tried to conceive, but the results were always disappointing and we didn't have enough money to adopt a child from foster care. Until one particular night, something happened that I can't forget."

    Stiles cleared his throat as the thoughts of his adopted mother haunted him. As he now learned, he may not have been related to her, but he still loved her as if she was his real mother. She was way more of a mother than this mysterious woman. She had always believed in him when no one else did. In a way, it was like they spoke in a secret language that only they understood.