Chapter 6

My head never touched the ground. It took me a few seconds to grasp the fact that I wasn’t on my back on the ground with a hungry ghoul on me. After recovering from the fact that I was, in fact, not dead, I realized my surroundings. I was still in the woods, but I was seeing it from a different view point and I was definitely moving. Looking up I saw that my rescuer was actually Kaden; his brown hair swaying into his blue eyes as he looked intently at his path. I rubbed my eyes just to make sure I wasn’t sleeping. I was definitely being held princess style with just enough room to see around his arm. Then I felt a prickling situation, the ghoul was still after me.

“Shit.” I accidently cursed out loud. The fact that I was still in the presences of that damn ghost and the fact the sky decided to dump its load on us now was frustrating me. Mother Nature was already torturing me with ghosts and bad luck and now she decides to add rain to my situation. I hate you Mother Nature, I cursed silently as I shook my fist at the sky.

“Are you going to tell me what is chasing after us or am I going to have to continue running?” Kaden asked, his breathe a little strained though he did not pause in his stride. The rain wasn’t hindering his process at all. Knowing me, I would slip in this condition and probably be eaten by a hungry ghoul.

“You can see it?” If he could see it then I was absolutely puzzled on what was going on.

“No, I can just sense that there is something there and that it doesn’t feel too friendly.”

 “Could you feel this sense at your alpha’s house?” I asked, maybe some werewolves were like their animal counter parts. Animals always had the knack for sensing ghosts, I never really know if they can see ghosts or just sense them. I just figured either werewolves don’t have that sensing ability or they just ignore it because their human half says it is not real. Humans tend to deny a lot of things that they cannot see.

“Not before hand. It was only after you got rid of the curse was I able to sense something wrong in the house.” Ohhh, I see. Having a ghost on you must block your senses because you get used to be around it or something like that.  Or maybe it’s just Kaden and that he pays more attention to his wolf instincts. “Are you going to tell me what we are up against?”

“I’m not sure you would believe me.” I looked behind us and saw that the ghoul was catching up. I could see those bloodlust eyes as they looked at me telling me I was her next snack. She was smiling showing her elongated fangs as she floated towards us. Her long, wavy, blonde hair and blood red dress still perfectly in place. The rain was just passing through her, not hindering her at all. I could smell the fear radiating off of me and probably both Kaden and the ghoul could too because the vampire’s smile just grew bigger. “How do you kill a vampire after it has died?”

“With a stake through its heart. What does that have to do with anything?” Kaden sounded confused. I don’t blame him, he wouldn’t understand why I would ask this unless you could see the blood thirsty, I mean soul thirsty ghost behind us. Also all werewolves should know how to kill a vampire, he probably was thinking I was dumb or something.

“No, no. After it has died from that and has risen again. What do you do then?” I took off my cross charm and prepared it for use, holding my cross tight because it was slippery from the rain. I don’t know how much it will help but maybe it will weaken the ghost enough for me to command it and my cross was better than nothing.

“That is impossible. Once you staked a vampire and cease its afterlife, it is gone for good. You wouldn’t have to do anything.” Kaden didn’t seem any clearer on this situation than before. I bet ghosts didn’t even cross his mind.

“And that is why you are no help.” I replied shakily because the vampire was now closing in. One leap and she will be on top of us. “When I tell you to stop, stop and drop me. Okay?” Kaden took a second to look at me. His eyes widened when he met my eyes but quickly turned his head away. Normally that would result in my automatic win of dominance but it was probably what he saw and not the fact the he was showing submission.