1.9

//
let me remedy the tears I have caused all of you. I apologize but you had gone a little while without a cliff hanger so I figured it was time.
//

"Excuse me?" Jeremy managed to croak out, his throat suddenly becoming tight. "What did you just say?" Michael's body shifted on his hospital bed. 

"I said," He winced, "Who's Michael?" Sighs erupted from the mouths of every teen in the cramped room. Jeremy shook his head. 

"You're joking, right?" Jeremy muttered, unable to think of another explanation in his state of definite panic. "Tell me your joking!" A confusion that Jeremy had only seen on lost tourists arose on Michael's face. He shook his head solemnly, Jeremy looked down. 

"I'm sorry, I'm not kidding. I don't know who you speak of," Michael said in a quiet voice. "Who is he?" 

"Michael?" Jeremy asked. "Well, Michael is the most wonderful person I've ever met. He's caring, trustworthy, beautiful, and just pain awesome. And I need him back!" He shut his eyes tight to keep the tears back. 

"He sounds awesome. Where is he?" Michael asked, looking at the blurry figure in front of him; his glasses were broken in pieces somewhere a mile from here. 

"He's here! You're Michael! You're supposed to be okay! They promised to make you okay! YOU NEED TO BE OKAY!" Jeremy ended up screaming the end of the sentence. Michael flinched at the harsh words from the silhouette in front of him. 

"I'm sorry I don't know what's happening!" Michael cried. "I don't know what to think! I don't know this Michael guy and I don't know you!" His head fell into his hands, his body shaking. Jeremy smiled weakly. 

"You're right, I'm sorry. It's not your fault, I'm just confused," He said softly, avoiding Michael's eyes. "I just don't want this to be true." 

"Sir, I'm sorry, but it is," The Doctor's voice rang throughout the hospital room like a gunshot through a battle field; both had the same affect on Jeremy's heart. 

"It is? F-for real? Michael is... gone?" Rich choked out. Jeremy was unable to speak, think, or move. Everyone in the room had spinning heads, intrusive thoughts following the current situation. Why did this happen? What caused it? Why Michael? Jeremy's voice came back to him in an instant. 

"Michael I'm so sorry!" Jeremy crashed onto the hospital bed, tears suddenly flowing down his red cheeks. "If I had just gotten there sooner! Or stopped you from going all together! This, this entire mess wouldn't have happened! I'm so sorry, Michael!" Jeremy wept as the confused Michael's face softened. 

"That, that crying..." He trailed off for a second, attempting to hear more of the muffled sobs. "I recognize that crying! That crying is from My Love!"

"What the fuck?" Chloe mumbled to Brooke. Brooke shrugged and told her to pay attention to the boys in front of them. 

"What?" Jeremy looked up. "Y-you recognize my crying?" Michael nodded quickly. Jeremy gained a smile quickly and moved closer to Michael. He grabbed his hand and laced their fingers in with each other, holding them like they were almost ripped apart forever. 

"Yes, that often happens with temporary amnesia. Things can trigger feelings or memories that are unclear or tarnished in his mind currently," The doctor said, annoyance tinging his voice. 

"TEMPORARY?" Everyone shouted at the same time, scaring Michael slightly. Jeremy apologized quickly and turned back to the doctor. 

"You mean to tell me I just wept at the foot of my boyfriends bed because I thought he didn't remember me and you didn't bother to tell me that it's all gonna go back to normal? How fucked up are you?" Jeremy spat.