Warm Coffee, Warm Hearts - Randy Orton

In an invitingly toasty cafe on a frozen winter evening sat two lovers. 

The first, the girl, was shy and valued his friendship more than anything. It was implied between both of them that one belonged to the other though they had never officially said it. It hadn't bothered the girl at first. Until her feelings for him continued to deepen and deepen. Attraction turned to infatuation, turned to idealisation which turned into love somewhere along the way. The last thing she wanted to do, however, was possibly ruin their blooming romance by making it too serious too fast.

What she was unaware of is how similar the second, Randy Orton, felt. It was both tragic and comedic, for both of them to be so in love without the other really understanding just how much. That was also never said out loud. All they really knew was they loved each other's presence a little too much.

They sat in the small cafe after catching up on work related matters just about all day. It was a spur of the moment decision made by Randy as they walked hand in hand back to the hotel all the wrestlers were staying at. She had mentioned something earlier in the day about wanting coffee and this cafe's atmosphere was just too inviting to give up. He tugged her inside and they were at once greeted with enveloping warmth and the smell of roasted beans. 

. . .  

"Hmm." She hummed while taking a sip of her delicious coffee. 

She sighed as it flooded her system with warmth and she relaxed a little. The scent of the roasted beans eased every muscle in her body. Randy sat across from her, eyes closed as he let his self be warmed by his own coffee. His elbows rested on the tiny and round wooden table. His big hands both held the paper cup near his face. This was such a good idea.  

The cafe played soft acoustic music barely audible over the speakers. It was such a comforting atmosphere. They could already tell it would be one they wish they could make a return trip to. The were only going to be here three more days before they would have to pack up and fly off to a different town. Then they would do it all over again. Honestly sometimes life on the road as a wrestler was extremely hard. They wished that visiting places like this weren't just fleeting moments in their lives. They envied people who got to call places like this local or even 'home.' Every now and then the both of them just needed to wind down and take a little while to slow down and enjoy each other's company amidst the other chaos in their lives. They brought each other comfort. And this town in particular was very comforting to them both. Although it was numbingly cold out the locals decorated their main street with lights, wreathes, ribbons and other decorations anyway. It gave the entire area a more cheery disposition. It was an such inviting sight to behold. 

The two chatted idly back and forth. Before they knew it, it was fast approaching late evening time and they needed to get back. This place was like a vortex where time went by twice as fast as it does out in the real world. Randy stood up first, letting his muscles stretch and accommodate to standing again before offering his hand to her.

"Let's stay just a little longer." She mumbled mischievously, draining the last of her still warm drink.  Randy rolled his eyes affectionately.

"Don't tempt me. Come on, babe. Let's get going before it gets too dark." 

She sighed lazily and finally nodded, accepting his hand he gently gripped hers with. 

"Okay." 

She stood slowly and he placed a hand on her lower back, the most natural thing in the world to him. Just before they reached the door he removed his coat and draped in over her shoulders. 

"Oh, no you don't have to-"

"I know." He said quickly with a kind smile. "But I have a jacket on and shirt on under it. I'll be okay."

She smiled shyly and tugged the coat closer around her a little, secretly grateful for the extra layer.

They left the cozy warm safety of the cafe's sleepy atmosphere and were greeted at once by the sharp bitter cold of mid-December evening air again. Randy immediately retreated his hands to the pockets of his jacket and she crossed her arms, almost all warmth immediately sucked from their bodies. The sun, which was hidden behind dark stormy looking clouds, was beginning to set. The cheery Christmas lights that store owners and volunteers had adorned the street and store faces with somehow made the biting cold a little more bearable as they twinkled silently. 

Some windows were dark. The owners must be having dinner with their small family who was waiting for them to return home. Or perhaps they had a pet or elderly relative in need of tender care. The only sound was faint murmur from the cafe behind them and the occasional lonely sounding train whistle somewhere in the distance. It really was a cute and welcoming little town. It gave both of them a sense of nostalgia so powerful they were both lost in their own childhood's for a moment. 

The girl looked up as she stood still on the frozen sidewalk. The thick puffy grey clouds seemed to be lowering down overhead. A small ice flake hit her face. And another. Then another. She looked around in the ever dimming light and saw in the glow of the streetlamps little crystals of white swirling by.

"Oh my God, it's snowing!" She breathed out in amazement, breathe billowing out in a cloud, eyes twinkling. Nothing made her happier than snow and she truly couldn't remember the last time she got to see it after constantly being on the road. She stared up in wonder. 

What she did not see was Randy's face watching her own. She was so amazed by the icy flakes twirling down from the sky that she was unaware of him staring at her, in awe of the beauty of her face as it shone in the glowing street light while snowflakes gently landed on her soft skin.

Her wonder was finally broken when she felt his eyes on her. She turned to look at him. His expression was heart-meltingly full of fondness. A gentle smile on his face. She turned fully to face him, a small smile spreading with her inquisitive head tilt. 

"What?"

Instead of answering he turned to fully face her as well and brought a hand out of it's pocket to cup her cheek. The warmth of his rough hand meeting her chilled soft cheek electrified both their senses. She leaned into his hand softly, looking up at him through her lashes. She could feel her heart elevate tremendously at his gentle touch. She was sure he could hear it pounding as he leaned closer, guiding her face towards his with his hand. A brief wash of the cloud of his minty breath over her face and she closed her eyes. In less than half a second soft lips pressed against her own slightly parted ones. There was a brief moment of coldness before both their temperatures adjusted. His other hand came up to rest on her other cheek and she covered his hands with her mitted ones. The sweet warmth of his gentle lips and big hands made her completely oblivious to the chilly air enveloping both of them.

In this moment her very core felt much warmer than the cafe had ever made it. The snow continued to swirl lazily around them, flakes tickling their faces and getting caught in their hair. Randy pulled away slowly first without taking is hands away from her. Her cheeks were flushed blush pink. Either from the cold or shyness, maybe both. Her bright eyes fluttered open and her snowy bangs moved softly in a gentle breeze. He had never seen anything more beautiful in his life. He held her gaze before speaking gently. 

"I love you so much." He mumbled, voice soft in the wintry air. 

Her eyes immediately grew wide. She could not believe that he had same the very thing that had been on her heart for so long. She searched his eyes looking for any indication of hesitation. Instead he looked down at her with such a warm expression, such a gentle smile. The twinkling lights behind him seemed to give him a glowing halo. Her lips were still warm where his were pressed just moments ago. Those lips that just uttered words she had wanted to hear for so long. She finally breathed out the air she didn't realize she had been holding in. The smoky cloud lingered between them a second before dissipating into the frozen air. The way her heart swelled with fondness for him just then was incomparable to anything she had ever felt before. Without thinking she placed her hands on his neck and pulled him into her again, their lips easily reconnecting as if they had been doing so all their lives. His hands found their way to her waist and he pulled her closer, his large body and very welcome warmth against her own. 

"I love you, too." She mumbled between kisses. 

The snow danced around them as it began to come down heavier. The twinkling lights seemed as though they were cheering. Suddenly the cold wasn't even so cold anymore. This feeling of warmth, safety and love was unlike anything.