Believe - Finn Bálor

"I don't know." I grumbled, spinning around and critiquing every single angle of myself in the mirror.

WWE's Hall of Fame ceremony was tonight and I had agreed to attend with my best friend Finn Balor. I wore a long dark burgundy evening gown that scooped gently in the front and fitted to every curve on my body, billowing gracefully to the floor. My dangling diamond earrings reflected the light and my long dark hair was fixed into big soft curls. My elegant appearance was a completely stark contrast to my turmoil of feelings.

It wasn't necessarily the fact that I had never had to dress this fancy in my life that had me stressing. Although my own self esteem issues was indeed a large part of it. But honestly it was the fact that Finn had asked me to go with him at all. We had been best of friends ever since NXT, even keeping in close contact and seeing each other when he got drafted to Raw and I remained in NXT for another four months. 

There had been many other events where he went with different women. And that was fine. Even if it did make me a little jealous at times. But I would never, ever admit it. I valued his friendship too much to mess it all up over a dumb school girl crush I had on him. It didn't matter that he was easily the most handsome man there, and most talented in my opinion. It didn't matter that he had striking eyes and that gorgeous accent... 

What are you thinking?! Pull it together girl!

I shook my head, vainly attempting to clear it, when a knock on my hotel room door brought my heart into my throat. 

Stay calm. Stay calm. Stay calm.

I took a quick breath and pulled the door open. That breath was quickly sucked out of me as Finn stood there looking like something straight out of the most elite model magazine. He wore a designer tuxedo that was perfectly tailored to every angle of his body. His hair was fixed into a perfectly neat mess. His stubble was a shadow on his sharp jawline. His tie was loose as he finished buttoning the last two buttons on his crisp white undershirt.

"Hey, I'm so sorry I'm late- wow. You look amazing." His apology was cut short and his eyes widened as he took in my attire. I felt a blush creeping into my cheeks as his eyes traveled from the floor slowly all the way up until they stopped on mine.

"Thank you." I dropped my head shyly as I stepped aside to let him in.

I could smell his cologne as he swept by me and it filled my senses. This is exactly what I had been worried about. I already knew that he was ten miles past out of my league. But this was like adding insult to injury. I felt like a child playing dress up next to this man who looked like he had been created by DaVinci himself. Finn finished those last two buttons and pulled his tie into place, his eyes never leaving me.

"Umm. I just need to grab my clutch and keys."

I scurried off to my bedroom to retrieve the aforementioned items when I stopped in front of my mirror again. I couldn't help but immediately start analysing myself again. It wasn't fair. Why couldn't I just have one night without comparing myself to every other woman? I tore myself away from my reflection, feeling a little defeated.

"Finn?"

His head snapped up at the mention of his name and for a second his sparkling eyes almost made me lose my nerve.

"Do I... umm... do I look okay?"

"What? Of course, you look astonishing. I mean you always look beautiful, don't get me wrong." He flashed me a pearly smile but I couldn't bring myself to return to gesture. His smile faltered and his brows creased a little. "Is everything okay?"

"It's fine. I'm just feeling a little self conscious is all, I guess."

"Why?"

I couldn't tell him the real reason I felt so unworthy. I wanted to spare him the details of my pity party as well so I just shrugged. He thought for a moment and surprised me by offering me his hand.