Oblivious - Sami Zayn

"Ahem." Sami Zayn cleared his throat loudly causing me to look up from my book. Immediately a plush pillow hit my face and fell to the floor as my expression changed to one of someone who's patience is running thin.

".....you are an actual man-child."

"Am not."

"You're doing it right now."

"No I'm not."

"Sami-" I was about to launch into a detailed, 3,000 word, MLA format, 12 point Times New Roman essay about the hundreds of times we've been over this when a knock on the locker room door stopped me. "Come in."

"Sup bro's?" Zack Ryder wandered into Sami's locker room, taking a chair and sitting on it backwards to face Sami and I. "Nice to see you." He nodded in my direction and I returned the gesture before looking back down to my book. "We gotta talk strategy bro." Sami and Zack began to talk about the details of their match coming up later. I tuned them out for the most part, looking up when I was sure Sami was completely into his conversation.

Slowly, carefully, I picked up the pillow Sami had thrown at me and aimed. When I was comfortable with my aim I launched it, sending it flying across the room to smack satisfyingly against the side of Sami's head.

"Score!" Zack and I shouted in unison. Zack offered me his fist and I bumped it as Sami rolled his eyes, clearly trying to hide his smile.

"Okay. Yup. Okay. Alright, I deserved that." He faux pouted, crossing his arms, and I poked his side.

"Baby."

"You're the baby."

"I'm not the one pouting!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Hey!" I immediately began flailing my hands at his when he began ruffling my hair in a surprise attack. Both of us were completely unaware of the sinister smile spreading slowly across Zack's face as he watched the brief exchange. He straightened up quickly when Sami and I finished our play wrestle match.

"See you in a bit, Sami-boy." Zack winked and left the locker room, closing the door behind him. We could practically hear him skipping down the hall and we both arched a brow.

"He acting weirder than usual?" Sami questioned.

"I think so."

About half and hour later it was time to start heading towards the gorilla for Sami's match. We poked one another's ribs as we walked, bickering playfully still over who's fault it was there are now pillows strewn everywhere in his locker room. Clearly I had won that battle. As we walked, side by side so close our arms were brushing, we encountered a few curious glances from passing superstars. Roman stopped in front of us.

"How are you guy's doing?" He looked between us.

"Umm... fine?" Sami answered hesitantly.

"You both look great. Especially standing together like that."

"W-what?" Before I could finish my thought Roman patted our shoulders, nodded and winked knowingly, before he strode off past us.

".....Did that seem really weird?"

"Yup." Sami answered, clearly feeling dumbfounded as well.

For some reason the encounter caused a knot of nervousness to begin blooming in my stomach. What did he mean by we look great together? As in.... does he think we're a couple? My own thoughts were racing so quickly that I didn't even notice Sami was as much of a wreck as I was currently. I was suddenly very aware of how close our hands were as we walked. I was also very aware of the looks we were getting now. Cesaro appeared out of nowhere, causing us both to stop short so quickly we almost fell over.