Chapter 32

As I'm walking up the steps to campus, a white flake of snow falls on the tip of my nose. I pause, and Zayn stares up but is clearly so done with the snow or constant rain.

"Snow, in London, who knew?" He rolls his eyes, continuing up the steps.

He's been distant and quiet the entire way here, only giving me short cold responses. I convince myself it's not my fault, and that maybe something James said pissed him off. I stuff my hands in the deep pockets of my coat, and step back to watch the white flakes pile on top of the brown slush. People pass me by, staring at me as if I'm new or weird for staring at something as plain, and rather annoying, as snow.

"Ella, can we go?" He whines, holding the glass door open for me.

"Hold on," I call back, purposely using a kind voice in hopes of receiving the same.

"It's fucking snow. Nothing new." He's being so rude, it's random and uncalled for.

I whip around, and glare at him. "Then leave Zayn. Leave." I spit, and he watches me in silence, biting the ring around his lip.

I've gotten used to it, but it still affects me in the most terrifying way.

He nods his head, and walks up to me. He pulls my beanie off his head, and tucks it in my bag. I'm left alone, as he walks inside without another word to me. But his features are soft, and apologetic almost. I sigh in exhaustion, tired of having such memorable times with him only to be given moments like this that I'd kill to forget.

"Hey, where have you been? I haven't seen you since yesterday!" Ashley walks up to me, her blonde curly hair tied up in a high ponytail. She's bouncing on her feet, trying to keep warm.

"I was with Zayn. We went on a date and-" her eyes go wide but I stop her before she can speak. "AND we went back to his place. No we didn't have sex." I'm speaking so fast, I'm almost out of breath.

Her face falls in disappointment, but is quickly picked up with a devious smile. "How do I know you're not lying?"

"I could be." I say, smirking at her.

"You're dirty deep down, I know it." She laughs.

I recall last night, and realize how little she really does know.

"Why are you out here anyway? Where's Zayn?" She asks, glancing around searching for him.

"I'm admiring the snow, Zayn wasn't really interested so I told him to leave." I sigh, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well come on inside with me, it's freezing!" She grabs my hand, and drags me through the glass doors.

She goes on to talk about a party she went to last night, but my mind is preoccupied and she drifts away from me. I search the room, dozing off but my eyes land on Harry leaning against the wall talking to a girl. I don't recognize her, which tells me she may be new or a freshman. Her brunette pixie cut hair works beautifully with her facial structure, something every girl wishes they had. He's too busy smiling flirtatiously at her as she speaks to notice me looking, but soon he glances up to see me and waves. He turns to the girl, and kisses her on the cheek before walking up to me.

"Hey, where've you been? I was looking for you yesterday." He asks, running a hand through his curls. Well, maybe not so much curls anymore.

"I saw you yesterday though." I chuckle.

"Yeah but I wanted to hang out and take you to a party."

"Without Zayn?" I raise an eyebrow up at him.

"I mean, are you his pet or something? Of course without Zayn." He laughs, but pauses to look behind me. "Speaking of him." He points behind me, and I turn to see Zayn glaring at the both of us. He's propped up against the wall by the doors, his phone in his hand as usual.