Fourteen ~ The End

Nevaeh's Point of View

I clenched my hands into fists, closing my eyes, waiting for the impact of the bullet, but it never came. My eyes opened slowly and even more horror exploded from me. Ronnie lay on the hard cement ground with a bullet lodged into her stomach. Ronnie looked up at me, pain very visible in her. 

She forced a smile when she saw me. "Nevaeh, I'm so sorry," she whispered and just like that, she was gone.

I lost two members of my family this day. I had experienced so much fear, that it is not physically possible to imagine. So much anger raged through me. Ulrim was a horrific person. It's his fault that everyone I have ever loved, is gone. I lay Liz down softly on the pavement, standing up. My eyes hardened on Ulrim Whitemore. I reached towards my back, grabbing the handle of my mom's sword. The blade gliding out of the sheath that was strapped to my back.

Rain fell from the sky, coating everyone in a layer of water. Blood was carried away across the pavement, mixing with the rain. The bloody water flowed into the sewers that outlined the street. Ulrim stood, motionless in the street, his gun dripped with water. His eyes stayed on me through every move. We stood there, anger still surging through me but for a second I hesitated. I'm still not sure why I did, but Ulrim and I stood there just staring at each other. I gripped my sword that was situated in my hand.

His eyebrows creased and I swear I could see emotions flooding his eyes. The gun that had sat in his hand dropped to the ground. This action startled me, the clinking of the gun against the damp ground. His face softened. 

"You're so much like your mother," his rough voice muttered. 

My heart dropped. I was already in so much pain and the fact that he mentioned my long passed mother made the pain even worse. My eyes started to burn as tears prickled in my navy eyes. My legs started to feel wobbly and unusable. They just gave out and I collapsed to the drenched ground. My hair fell onto my face and my hands held my face as tears streamed down my face. That's how we stayed for a while. I cried on the bloody, wet ground, Ulrim stood and watched, and Reese clung to Key that dangled in his arms.

=====

"Get down and drop your weapons!" voices shouted through the pouring rain.

I lifted my head out of my hands to see police coming towards the massacre from every angle. Their guns pointed at the only three living survivors. Ulrim laid down on the ground with his hands behind his back, but I just sat there, face red from crying so much. Reese stayed where he was too, holding onto his deceased friend still. 

"Get down or we won't hesitate to shoot!" they screamed at Reese and I, but I couldn't bring myself to lay in my family's blood that coated the ground still.

Liz and Ronnie lay stationary next to me, so I sat in the middle of my dead family. An officer came up behind me and grabbed my arms since it was obvious I wouldn't move. I didn't resist as they placed handcuffs on my tiny wrists. People soon started rushing out from the hospital to help the dead and wounded. Ulrim Whitemore and Reese were both put into handcuffs too, but they struggled more to unhinge Reese from Key. Reese yelled and screamed as Key was pried from him and brought into the hospital. 

A horror scene lay out in front of us. A middle aged man sitting with handcuffs in the middle of a bloody and wet street, a young adult sitting in handcuffs as dead women lay around her, and a young male crying as his dead friend was taken from him as he was in handcuffs as well. It was a scene that I will never be able to get out of my mind.