Five - I Need You

Nevaeh's Point of View

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I was in the comfort of my bed and I heard footsteps frantically pacing around my room. It took a few seconds to regain my memory of what happened. I had been shot. I slowly raised my hand to my cheek and winced in pain as my hand touched the skin the bullet grazed.

"Nev? Are you awake?" I heard from Liz, who came over then sat on my bed.

"Y-yeah." I squealed as pain started to rush through my cheek.

I heard Liz sigh with thankfulness. "Thank gosh. I was so scared and worried. How are you feeling?" she smiled.

"I'm okay, just a little tired and in pain."

She nodded in reply. "I made breakfast, you've been out for almost a day."

"Really?" I exclaimed.

She nodded. "Get dressed and put ice on your cheek. Then come eat some eggs with waffles." Then Liz walked out of my room.

I sat up in my bed. Pain was still biting at my cheek, but I shoved it down inside of me. I stood up and went over to my dresser and changed into a a white crop-top that had love on it with some high-waisted black jeans. I put on some black converse and curled my hair at the ends.

I looked at myself in the mirror. The bullet had only slightly skimmed my cheek. The wound wasn't that deep, but it would definitely leave a scar. It has just missed my ear and was almost on my jawline. I put on some dark red lipstick. I didn't put on any other type of makeup because I wanted to have my scar as a sign of strength that it will take a lot more than a bullet to kill me.

I walked out to the kitchen and sat down. I happily ate the waffles and eggs. Liz ate with me.

"I'm gonna go out again." I said.

Liz shook her head. "No, no, no. You need to rest and ice your face. You got shot Nevaeh." Her face was serious. She was really precocious and acted like my mom even though she's only 25.

"But I feel fine!" I argued.

"Nevaeh Ballari! You will go to your room and rest!" She yelled.

I rolled my eyes and stomped to my room. I knew I was acting like a child but I felt fine. My face only stung occasionally. I slammed my door and plopped on my bed. Then I got an idea and smirked.

=========

I cautiously creeped down the hallway. I peaked into the kitchen and saw Liz sitting there sipping green tea. Once I passed the doorway to the kitchen, I sprinted up the stairs out into the sun. The sun shined brightly and the rays reflected off the water in the pond. It was a beautiful day.

I jogged down to the hospital and climbed up the gutter. It was my favorite area to hang out and watch people in the town. I watched, bored just waiting for something to happen.

Reese's Point of View

"Key, how are you feeling?" Dennis peeped.

"I'm feeling better. Thanks Four-Eyes." Key replied as she smirked.

"That's not my name!" Dennis grunted as he stormed out of our room.

Our sides of our rooms are completely different. Key is kind of girly can be quite messy, while I like things organized and a little bland.

 Key is kind of girly can be quite messy, while I like things organized and a little bland