Chapter Twelve

It had been at least two days now since David had taken her, and it had been the longest two days of her life. She had barley been allowed to leave the room; the only time being when she had to go to the bathroom. And whenever that happened David made sure to blindfold and cuff her so she wouldn't try anything. She had mostly been alone in the small room, David only stopping in to give her meals and bathroom breaks. It was surprising, he kidnapped her to be with him yet he was barely around. It made Sofia think he must be up to something else.

Being alone with nothing to do left a lot of room for her to think. Mostly about her friends and Kit. How worried and scared they must be for her. How she wishes she could have told Kit how much she truly cared for him; and now in fear that she may not get that chance.

Sofia shook her head, trying to rid herself of the negative thoughts that were invading her mind. Thoughts of what could possibly happen to her now that David was in control. She knew the only way to keep herself safe was to try and be as compliant as possible. David was unpredictable and let's his anger overcome him. And if she made him angry she knew she would get hurt.

Sofia's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door unlocking. Sofia's body stiffened as David came into view, a large smile on his face.

"Hey beautiful."

She gave him a small smile in return, hoping it didn't come off as a grimace. "Hi."

"I have a surprise for you."

"Oh, okay."

David took the blindfold out of his pocket and held it up. "Sorry babe, I gotta cover your eyes again."

She merely nodded in understanding. David placed the blindfold around her eyes, then she heard the rattling of the cuffs as he placed them around her wrists.

David then helped her stand up and lead her out of the room.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

Sofia kept taking hesitant steps for a few more moments until David told her to stop. She heard a door open and he ushered her inside, then heard the door lock behind her.

Next thing she knew David was un-cuffing her and he removed the cover from her eyes. When she opened her eyes she saw the so-called surprise. Inside the room was painted a light blue, on one side of the room was a white vanity and large mirror attached, on the opposite side was a set of dresser drawers and a desk. beside one side of the now locked door was a large bookcase filled with various books, and the opposite side was was a large tv mounted on the wall. In the center of the room was a large king size bed with blue and white sheets with tons of throw pillows. It was then she realized why David has seemed to excited, he made them a bedroom.

"Do you like it?" He asked eagerly.

"I-it's great. Is this your bedroom?"

David playfully rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Of course not, it's our bedroom."

Sofia's body froze.

If this was there room, then, he expected for them to sleep...together?

Oh no.

"I'm sorry I made you stay in that crappy room, but I needed it to be perfect."

After a moments hesitation she finally found her words.

"I can tell you worked really hard on this."

"I did, look." David walked over to another door. "There's even a bathroom connected with a shower. Everything you need is right here."

She struggled with the right words, trying to tread carefully.

"You did a great job with it David, I'm just. I'm just not sure if," David stared at her in confusion.

"If I'm ready to take this next step."

David walked over to her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"I don't expect anything, we can both sleep here and nothing has to be happen."

Sofia didn't want to be anywhere near him, let alone share a bed with him.

"Until you're ready that is," he added.

Sofia could feel her face pale at his words.

"Da-David, I don't think that's a good idea."

The hands on her shoulders started to squeeze.

"Why not?" She could see he was getting angry, she quickly tried to think on her feet.

"We're moving too fast," she blurted out. "I mean, I just want to do things right this time."

David gave her a long hard look. Debating whether or not he should believe her. Sofia did her best to look convincing, knowing that if she didn't she would expect to have a few more bruises. David then gave her a small smile and the grip on her shoulders loosened.

"I get it, you want things to be as perfect as I do. I'm so happy you want this to work as much as I do."

David's hand grasped her cheek and he rubbed his thumb against it. "I'm so glad you're mine again."

Sofia only gave him a small smile as the feeling of dread traveled up her spine.

Would she ever get out of this?