Chapter Eleven

Twenty hours. It had been twenty hours and their was still no sign of Sofia. Kit had quietly been going out of his mind. After he had gotten off the phone with Lily Kit jumped on a plane back. He went straight to the police station, even though he had been out of he country the police still had plenty of questions for him.

'What was Sofia like? Their relationship? Did he know where David would have taken her?'

Kit answered the questions to the best of his ability, but he was angry that they were questioning him when his girlfriend was still out there missing. Kit was also angry with himself. He knew David wasn't right, he knew their was always something off about him. He should have done more to keep him away from her. But instead he left to go to work, and now she was missing. He knew he shouldn't think like this, but he couldn't stop it.

Kit was seated in Lily's living room, she walked in handed him a cup of tea.

"Thanks," he told her.

Lily' sat next to him and put an arm around his shoulders, noticing the inner battle he was having with himself.

"We'll get her back," she told him softly.

Kit nodded his head. "I just, I just can' stop thinking of all the things that could be happening."

"Don't think like that," she interrupted. "We can't think like that."

Kit sighed, "I know, I just, I can't stop my mind from going there. And thinking of all the things I wish I could have said to her."

"And you will get to say all of those things when you see her again," she told him reassuringly.

He nodded his head in agreement, "You're right, we'll have her back soon."

____

It was the pounding in her head that woke up her up. Sofia felt like her head had been bashed in a hundred times, she didn't even think she had the strength to open her eyes. Until she remembered what happened and her eyes opened wide right away. Sitting up, she realized she was on a bed, and that her right wrist was handcuffed to a metal headboard. The walls surrounding her were concrete as was the floor.

Sofia's breathing turned shallow as she remembered what happened before she was knocked out. Her hear was thumping so loud she could feel it pumping in her ears. She had never seen David display such rage, she knew he cold get angry, but this? He beat her and then he kidnapped her. He kidnapped her!

Sofia started tugging at the handcuffs, desperate to try and get released from its hold. She caused the cuffs to rattle against the metal frame which must have alerted David's attention because he walked through the door a moment later.

"You're awake," he said with a smile. In his hand he held a sandwich with a bottle of water. "Thought you'd be hungry." He set it down on the bed beside her, then he held out his other hand in front of her displaying pills.

"What is that?" She asked warily.

"Just some tylenol, for your head."

Sofia slowly reached out and took the pills from him.

"I'm sorry," he told her. "It wasn't supped to happen like that."

"And how was it supposed to happen?" She asked bitterly.

"Without you being hurt." David kneeled down in front of her. "You know I didn't want you hurt, Sof; I love you."

Sofia turned her head away from him, not knowing what to say. Worried that if she said the wrong thing that he would go off on her.

"Then why did you hurt me?"

David let out a long sigh. "I was so angry. When I got the call from my mom and realized you knew everything, I panicked. I was scared I was going to lose you all over again. I was just, reacting. I had big plans for us. But that doesn't matter now. All that maters is that we're together now."

Sofia looked back a him wide eyed. David looked so happy and hopeful, and it terrified her. He truly thought they belonged together and that it was all okay now. Sofia knew she needed to tread lightly. David was clearly unstable, and if she was going to get out of this she knew she was going to have to play along.

"Will you take the handcuff off?" She asked quietly. "It's hurting my wrist."

David gave her a long look, debating whether or not to take it off.

"Please?" Sofia gave him her best puppy-eyed look that she used to use when they were dating.

David's face broke out into a grin, "I never could resist that." David stood up and unlocked the cuff. His fingers grazed over the mark it had left on her wrist and Sofia resisted the urge to immediately pull back. Instead, she slowly pulled it away from him and reached over to the water bottle, swallowing the pills and chasing it with the water.

"How long was I asleep?" She asked, making sure she chose her words carefully.

"It's already tomorrow."

She let out a small inaudible gasp, she'd been out since yesterday afternoon. Lily must be going out of her mind. And Kit, oh Kit. She knew Lily had the good sense to call him, they must be so worried.

"I should probably let Lily know I'm okay," Sofia said, trying to act nonchalant. "If she hasn't heard from me I'm sure she's worried."

"She knows your with me, it's okay."

"What? How would she know?"

"Lily's a smart girl, i'm sure she figured it out." David kneeled down in front of her again. "Don't worry, Sof. I'll keep you safe, nothing bad is going to happen to you." He ran a hand down the side of her face and she immediately stiffened at his touch. David took notice and frowned. "Don't be scared, I love you. I love you more than anyone else, Sofia."