Chapter Ten

I stood at the door, unsure of what to do. I could hear Lily saying something on the other end of the line but I couldn't make it out. David stood in front of me, smirking.

I came to my senses and started to shut the door, but David was too fast, grabbing ahold of the edge of the door he pushed it back open with both of his hands, forcing me further back into my apartment.

"Come on now Sof, that's no way to treat your guest." He said, shutting the door behind him.

Realizing I still had the phone in my hand, I tried to tell Lily that Davis was here but he grabbed the phone from my hand and hung it up, then putting it into his pocket. I could feel my heart beating rapidly against my chest, my breathing was becoming more and more shallow as I realized the predicament that I was in. I took a few more steps back, needing to distance myself further from him.

"Heard you had a nice talk with my mom," he stated. "Called me right after she got off the phone with you, accusing me of all sorts of things." He started to slowly pace back and forth in front of me.

"You mean about how you lied to me about her having cancer again?" I said, finding my voice.

David glared at me. "I did that because it was the only way. You wouldn't let me anywhere near you!"

I jumped back, surprised at the amount of venom he held in his voice.

"After everything you did, you expected me to just let you back into my life again?"

"I told you I would change!" David took a hold of my shoulders and shook me. "But you left me! And I needed you! But then, Kit waltzed in and took you from me."

"I wasn't yours to take," I told him angrily. "And I never will be."

David's face contorted into rage, before I knew it I felt the full force of his hit against my cheek and I was on the ground.

"Look what you made me do!"

I held my cheek in my hand, trying to soothe the pain. Looking back at him David looked like he was about to lose it.

David bent down and dragged me back up by my hair. Instinctively, I tried to get him off but he only held on tighter, making me tilt my head back to look at him.

"I had plans for us, Sof. I was going to make you happier then he ever could, but instead you've ruined it, you've ruined everything!"

David threw me onto the ground, I was quick to get up and make a run for my bedroom. David was too fast and quickly caught up with me, grabbing me and holding me against him, I started to scream but he put his hand over my mouth, smothering me with it. I thrashed my body around trying to loosen the grip but he easily overpowered me with his strength and size.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way," he said into my ear.

Next thing I knew he grabbed the back of my head and smashed it against the door frame and everything was black.

_________

Lily knew Sofia was in trouble, she rushed to her apartment, and by the time she got there she knew it was too late. She heard David's voice on the phone before the call ended, and she knew David took her by he obvious state of her apartment. The door wasn't even closed, and when she pushed it open she the living room was disheveled, Lily called out her name, going through the apartment to make sure she wasn't there.

Lily knew she needed to call the police, but before that she knew she needed to call Kit.

The phone rang a few times before he finally answered.

"Hey, Lily." He greeted her happily.

"David took Sofia," she blurted out.

"What?"

"She found out he was lying about his mom having cancer and he came to the apartment, and took her."

Kit was silent for a moment. "You're saying he kidnapped her?"

"Yes! Yes, her apartment is a mess, I was on the phone with her when he came by, and then the call ended. I got here as fast as I could," Lily attempted to choke back the tears that were forming. "I know he took her, that bastard is fucking mad."

"Call the police right now, I'm going to get on the next flight back and we are going to find her," he said firmly.

Lily shook her head in agreement.

"We're going to get her back." 

______

Sorry it was so short! I really wanted to get something out to you guys, hope you all like what's about to come! And thank you for the comments and votes, I'm so happy to know that you guys are enjoying the story :)