Chapter Two

It was ten minutes before my date with Kit and I was already seated in a booth towards the back of the restaurant. It was a habit for me, to always be early. Also, I knew it would take some time to figure out what I was going to wear. I didn't want to overdo it, but I also didn't want to look like I didn't about my appearance. I decided on some black skinny jeans with red flats, a black quarter sleeve top and had my hair down in its natural curls with one side pinned back.

I was nervous, which was to be expected. After being with someone for so long, getting back into the world of dating was a little intimidating.

"And to think, I thought I was always the first one to show up for the date."

I looked up to the person who was speaking and the first thing I saw was a wide, genuine smile.

"Guess we had the same idea," I said chuckling.

Kit sat down on the opposite side and stuck his hand out, "I'm Kit, nice to finally meet you."

"Likewise, I'm Sofia; as you already know." I said with a wide smile.

"Yes, Lilly has been nonstop about you."

"Same here, Kit this Kit that, I'm pretty sure I already know everything about you."

Kit belted out a laugh, "I'm sure that's true."

The waitress stopped in front of our table and took down our drink order, while making it completely obvious she was ogling Kit. Not that it was a big deal, if it was the other way around, I probably would've been checking him out as well. Their was no doubt that Kit was attractive. He had a fit body, a mane of black curls that framed his sculpted face, deep brown eyes and scruff along his jawline and chin. Everything about Kit screamed handsome.

"So lets pretend we know absolutely nothing about each other," Kit clasped his hands together and leaned forward smiling. "What is it that you do, Sofia?"

I couldn't stop the grin the made its way onto my face. "Great, question Kit. I am actually an optician at a private eye specialists office."

"Oh, that sounds interesting. You know, I think I have a friend who does that as well," Kit said, the smirk evident on his face.

"Oh, do you now?" I couldn't stop my laugh that bubbled to the surface.

Lilly was right, Kit was definitely a sweet and humorous guy. Kit laughed right along with me.

"Now to be honest, Lily couldn't shut up about you. But their were some things she left out, for one I had no idea you were an American."

"Really? She loves telling people that part about me. But yeah, from a small town in Pennsylvania; nowhere special."

"When did you move to London?"

Before I could answer, the waitress came back with our drinks and we both rambled off our dinner orders.

"I moved to London just over a year ago."

"What caused your decision to move?"

"My boyfriend at the time," I said with a small smile. I knew it would be a part of the conversation sooner or later.

Kit nodded his head in understanding. "And that didn't work out."

"Nope, obviously." I said with a chuckle. "So Kit, I asked Lilly a few questions about you and she was more then happy to answer them, but she wouldn't tell me what you do for some reason."

Kit nodded his head and smiled. "Figured as much, I'm an actor."

"Well, that's definitely a fun fact."

Kit barked out a laugh, "I suppose it is, I've done a few things here and there."

I'm sure Kit was downplaying how much work he's actually done. And it was obvious he didn't want his profession to be a major factor in conversation; which I respected. It was only the first date after all.

"That sounds great Kit." I decided to change topic and started asking him about his life outside of acting. Going through the typical getting to know each other questions, and from the look on Kit's face he was more then happy to get off the subject of what he did.

We continued on like that until food was placed in front of us, and made more pleasant conversation while we ate. Kit cracked jokes whenever he could, and I barely stopped laughing long enough to finish my meal. We stuck around the restaurant for another hour until we decided to call it a night.

"Can I walk you to your car?" He asked me.

"Actually I walked here, but thanks."

"How about I walk you back?" He offered.

I hesitated for a moment. If he was offering to walk me back, did that mean he wanted to come in? Or did he really just want to walk me back?

Kit gave me a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I really just want to walk you back, nothing more."

I let out a small breath of relief. "Okay, sure."

Kit and I made our way back towards my flat. "Are you doing anything next Saturday night?" Kit asked.

"Not that I know of, why?"

"I was hoping that we could do this again, if you'd like to that is."

I gave Kit a large smile. "Yeah of course, I would love that."

Kit gave me a smile in return, "Great!" He said happily. I laughed at his burst of happiness.

"I mean, uh, cool, cool," Kit said jokingly, putting his hands in his front pockets, attempting to look more collected.

I couldn't help but laugh again, and Kit laughed right along with me. "I suppose I'm not very good at hiding my emotions," he told me as he scratched the back of his head.

"I suppose not, but no one ever said that it's a bad thing."

"I guess you're right." We reached my building and we stopped outside of the doors.

"Well, this is my stop. Thank you, for walking me home."

"Of course, it was my pleasure, Sofia." I smiled at him as a blush crept onto my cheeks.

"Goodnight, Kit."

Kit leaned in and kissed my cheek softly.

"Goodnight, Sofia."

**

He was fuming. Who did she think she was? Going out with a guy like that? The nerve of that woman, she was going to be the death of him. David had sat in his car the entire time she was in the restaurant with him. How could she do this to him? She told him she would love him, she moved here for him! And now she thinks she can just leave and their would be no consequence? No, that's not things worked.

He had to get her back, he had to. He loved her, more than anything else. When she ended it with him he was hurt, all he ever wanted was to protect her. David knew what was best for her, even if Sofia didn't think so. She told him he was controlling, that he was hurting her and couldn't be with him anymore. Didn't she understand that everything he did for her was for her own good?

If he didn't look out for her who else would?

As they walked back to her apartment David's heart dropped into his stomach, thinking that she was going to invite him up. David got out of his car and started trailing behind them, staying far enough way so that no one would think twice. As soon as they stopped David rounded the corner and pretended to be on his phone. He saw him lean into Sofia and kiss her cheek, David scoffed.

He couldn't let Sofia continue this, he needed her. No matter what it took, David was going to get Sofia back.

---

So sorry for not updating! My computer crashed and I lost all of my work, and life just got in the way. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Let me know what you think :)