Chapter Nine

Kit had been right, over time people seemed to forget about me. Since Kit was back filming the last season of his show most fans were concerned more about the show then the casts personal lives. Things had gotten a little odd after it broke that I was dating Kit, more people seemed to recognize me, some people were more friendly with me, others not so much. I knew their would be some negative attention from jealous fans, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I didn't really do much of social media so that made it easier on me. The only thing I had was an Instagram, which was of course private.

I had been able to see Kit since he left. I had flown out twice to see him and he was able to fly in for a weekend to see me. Their was only three months left until he would be coming back, but he wouldn't be able to be home long considering their were press tours and interviews that he would have to do; but we would cross that bridge when we had to.

Things with David has also seemed to of subsided. He would still text and call, but they had become less frequent, which was good. I had never had a formal conversation with David about decreasing our contact, he seemed to get the hint once I started talking to him less and less. I wanted to avoid confrontation, the last time I had told him something that he didn't like he lashed out at me, and she was not going to let that happen again.

I had been surprised though, David was never really the kind of guy to back down. Maybe he was really moving on, and also he was probably busy trying to take care of his mother, who last I heard, was not doing very well. I felt for David, I really did, but I knew that despite what his troubles were with his family, he was no good for me.

I was currently in my flat doing chores when my phone rang, looking at the caller ID I saw it was David's mother, whom I hadn't spoken to since David and I had broken up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Sofia sweetheart, how are you doing?" She asked in a pleasant voice.

"Mrs. Parker, I'm good how have you been lately?"

"I'm well, I'm well. I'm calling just because I wish my son would have told me you both had broken up, I had no idea you were seeing that man Harington. I saw the article in one of magazines at my spa."

David and I had broken up months ago, I didn't understand why she wouldn't of known that. "I'm sorry Mrs. Parker, David and I have been broken up for months, I thought David told you."

Their was a moment of silence on the other line before she spoke up again. "Oh, I thought that the two of you had gotten back together. He's been talking about you so much lately, he made it sound like things were back to normal with the two of you."

"No, we've just been," I struggle for the right words. "Having some chats, that's all." I rolled my eyes at myself. "But they've mostly been about you."

"Me?" She asked surprised. "Why about me?"

"David's just been worried, you know with your recent diagnosis."

"Recent diagnosis?" She asked, clearly confused. "Sweetheart, what on earth are you talking about?"

And that was when it hit me. 

David's mother did not have cancer.

"I must've been mistaken, I'm sorry Mrs. Parker but I have to go."

I hung the phone up before she could even tell me goodbye.

Unbelievable.

How could I of been so stupid?

David's mother obviously had no idea what I was talking about, her cancer had never come back. David lied to me, he used this to wedge his way back into my life again and I had let him.

It made sense, and yet it didn't. How could David use his own mother to try and get me to talk to him? But not just use her, but make up that she cancer again? I never would have thought that David could do something like this, but then again should it surprise me? I knew David lied to me about things, he had done that before in our relationship.

And lying wasn't his only issue, besides the control issues. The final reason we had broken up was because he smacked me across the face once, that was the last straw, that was when I knew I had to get out.

After that he had told me he was going to therapy, that he was changing, and I'm now sure that those are just more of his lies.

I thought back to when he first told me about his mom, and that was right after he saw me with Kit.

I let out a gasp.

He knew I was dating Kit, and he must have gotten jealous. He saw that I was moving on and he knew just how to get back into my life.

With shaking hands I called Lily immediately.

"Hey, what's up?" She greeted me happily.

"He lied, he lied to me." My mind was going a million miles a minute and I was finding it difficult just to form a complete coherent sentence.

"Whoa, what are you talking about? Is it Kit? Are you okay?"

"No, Lilly, it's David. It's his mom, her cancer never came back. He lied to me."

"What?"

"He used me, he used that to make me talk to him again."

"That sicko, Sofia listen to me. Make sure your front door is locked, okay? I'm coming over right now I'm not far."

I nodded my head and went straight over to lock my door.

"How did you find out he was lying?"

"His mom called me, said she saw in a magazine I'm dating Kit and that David hadn't told her that we broke up."

"What? You broke up months ago."

"That's what I said, but apparently he was making it sound like we were back together. Then I brought up the fact that she had cancer again and she had no idea what I was talking about."

"Oh my God."

"I know! He's been lying this whole time, gaining my sympathy and using that against me all so I would talk to him again."

"Okay, once I get there you're gonna do what you should have as soon as you guys broke up, get restraining order."

I nodded my head in agreement and then I heard a knock at the door.

"Damn Lily, you weren't kidding you really weren't far." I went over and unlocked my door and started to open it.

"What? No Sofia, I'm not there yet, that's not me." She said quickly.

 Not quickly enough, I had already opened the door, and there David stood with a smile on his face.

_______

So much more to come! I'm sure some of you thought David was lying about his mom, and now we know for sure! Let me know what you all think!