Chapter 25

Freddy POV

We finished preforming our hearts out. Summer gave it her all, making sure her sweet angelic voice could be heard across the field.

Mr. Finn came back out on stage and began to thank everyone for coming. And he also went to grab a churro. What was it with that guy and churros?

Meanwhile Tomika, Zach and Lawrence went to the snack bar which paled in comparison to our makeshift snack bar backstage.

Summer and I were alone backstage.

F- You did amazing Sum.

S- Look who's talking, your voice probably melted the hearts of thousands of girls in school.

I laughed.

She took off her helmet revealing her messy curled hair. I took mine off, tempted to fix my hair. But I finally had a chance to be alone with Summer, so I let it lay.

She raised an eyebrow, slightly smirking.

S- Aren't you gonna fix your hair?

F- No, this is more important.

I grabbed both of her hands now bare without the gloves.

Her smile faded, her eyes widening once again.

I gulped, not sure where to begin.

F- Summer, you're my best friend. Not only that, you're smart and beautiful and any guy would be lucky to have you. I've liked you ever since that night, during the eclipse and I couldn't stop thinking about you since then. Then you got with Asher and I was afraid you wouldn't ever be able to be mine. And believe me there were so many times I wanted to tell you how I've felt for so long. But everything got so complicated.

She bit her lower lip slightly, her eyes piercing mine.

F- I can't keep lying to myself knowing that...

S- Knowing what?

F- I'm crazy about you Summer Hathaway.

She looked down, a smile slowly creeping up her face.

S- I'm crazy about you too Freddy Huerta.

We both chuckled like the idiots we were.

I raised my head, catching a glimpse of her crystal blue eyes and her full lips sparkling with lip gloss.

My heart was pounding my chest, but I knew I would never forgive myself if I didn't get on with it.

F- Oh Sum, I...

I felt a finger placed on my mouth.

S- Shh, you talk too much Huerta.

She lowered her hand as she placed both of them on my chest. I cradled the side of her head with my left hand as my right hand pulled her closer.

I leaned in, our faces inches apart. Her eyes closing until our lips were together.

Her lips warm and soft tasting like vanilla. Her hands making there way around my neck as I pulled her closer with both of mine, deepening the kiss.

Her hands running through my hair and fingers trailing down the sides of my face.

We pulled apart, breathless, smiling once again like idiots.

I rested my forehead on hers.

Summer POV

I pulled apart then rested my head on Freddy's shoulders with his arms embracing me. I had finally kissed Freddy Huerta. My dream boy, my soulmate. He drove me crazy with his green eyes and perfect hair. But beneath all the charm was a boy, scared of being lonely. A boy who'd be mine, forever.

I guess things weren't so complicated after all.