Chapter 10

Freddy POV

On my way to Mr. Finn's class I heard crying from the girl's bathroom. I knocked on the door and asked whoever was in there if they were okay.

"I'm fine!" Screamed the voice. "Just leave me alone!"

I continued my journey to Mr.Finn's. I passed a few students and caught up with Zack and Lawrence.

(A/N Z is Zack)

Z- Hey Freddy.

F- L-Train, Zack?

L- Last night was CRAZY! Who knew I could eat five jalapeños in one go?

Zack and I laughed, remembering the crazy dare we had last night.

Mr. Finn and Lawrence had a battle to see who could eat the most jalapeños without drinking milk. By the first pepper there were tears in Mr.Finn's eyes but Lawrence took it like a champ.

At the fifth pepper Mr. Finn gave in, chugged a gallon of milk and ran to the bathroom.

Z- Oh man Mr. Finn is NOT going to hear the end of it.

Lawrence and I agreed.

We walked into class and saw empty cartons of milk on Mr. Finn's desk.

M- Can you believe this? You think you'd be able to win against a student in a jalapeño eating contest!!

L- To be fair I have been known for handling spicy food pretty well.

F- Ya Mr. Finn. Spicy food isn't for everyone.

Ring
Ring

M- Alright rockers go ahead and take your seats.

We all filed into our desks as Mr. Finn shuffled some papers in his hands.

M- So I've decided on the duet pairings for the party coming up and I think you all shall be pleased.

He began to read off the list of pairs.

M- Okay let's see Summer and Freddy will be a pair...

I felt like a frog was in my throat.

Friday Freddy would have been bouncing off the walls knowing that he'd be able to work with Summer.

But Monday Freddy felt otherwise. I'm not mad at Summer for not showing up, I'm mad because she didn't tell me.

M- and... oh... Tomika and Zack.... and last but not least Lawrence and Kale.

L- Kale? As in frond- pulp, eco friendly, save the earth Kale? Are you sure those peppers didn't mess up your eyesight.

M- Ha ha ha very  funny. But it turns out Kale has an awesome voice which will be perfect with Lawerence's.

L- Okay, I can work with this. Prepare to be amazed by the musical duo known as La-Kale!

The class looked at him confused.

L- I'll work on the name later.

----------Time Jump---------

M- Okay lil' rockers we have ten minutes left so go ahead and meet up with your partners. I'm leaving the song choice to you, partly because I didn't have time to choose for you.

I approached Summer sitting at her desk. She looked beautiful but I was still mad at her. In an attempt to make things less awkward and more professional,  I pushed those feelings away.

F- So uh what song were you thinking of doing? I have some ideas...

S- Listen Freddy I'm not in the mood to talk right now. Maybe Mr. Finn putting us together as partners was a bad idea.