Chapter 23

Zack POV

Tomika and I️ walked into the gleaming light. We could barely see the crowd, which was a good thing I️ guess. There were two stools placed side by side. I️ sat in the one the farthest to the right with Tomika beside me.

I️ looked at Tomika. Her face pale. She was shaking.

Z- You okay?

T- Just a lotta people, lotta things could go wrong. What if my hair blows in my face?

Been there.

T- What if my strings are out of tune?

Done that.

T- Did I️ leave the oven on again?

Oven?

Z- Hey focus on the music alright, we got this. We've practiced like crazy, and something tells me every little thing is gonna be alright.

T- Okay Bob Marley. Count us in.

I️ began to pluck my guitar, Tomika adding some bass to it.

She slowly arched her head towards the mic.

T- I met you in the dark, you lit me up
You made me feel as though I was enough
We danced the night away, we had too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up
Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told ya
I think that you should get some rest
I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I know I needed you
But I never showed
But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old

Just say you won't let go

I️ looked over to Tomika, singing her heart out. She looked beautiful.

The crowd erupted in applause and began whooping and hollering.

Before I️ knew it the song was over, but I didn't want to leave that stage. I️ wanted to stay with Tomika, forever.

We both sprinted backstage.

T- Whew

Z- That was awesome! Well I'm gonna go put the guitar away real quick and uh

T- Hey um Zack?

She grabbed my wrist.

Either she was about to hurt me or tell me something important.

T- Thank you.

Hmm looks like it was something important.

Z- Heh, no problem. And if anything I️ was scared too, but somehow when I'm with you, I️ don't feel scared.

T- You're getting sappy on me Kwan.

She chucked.

Again couldn't tell if I️ was being insulted or...

T- I️ like it,

She started looking at her feet, swaying a bit.

T- and I️ like you.

Z- You what?

Tomika POV

T- I️ like you Kwan.

I️ couldn't believe what I️ had said, but I'm glad I️ did. After everything Summer had went through with Freddy, I️ realized that I️ didn't want that to happen to me. Risks had to be taken.

Z- I️ like you too.

I️ smiled.

We both leaned into each other, lips inches apart. Then we were kissing. Our lips pressed together, Zack caressing my head. It was magical. Better than the first time if I️ do say so myself.

L- Zamika, Zamika, Zamika, Zamika!

We pulled apart, slightly embarrassed and saw the rest of the band staring at us. Summer smiling, Freddy giving Zack a thumbs up and freaking Larry chanting well, you know.

F- Aww you two love birds.

T- Zip it hair do or I'll break you.

F- Okay okay, Zamika.

I️ jabbed him in the arm.

F- Ouch!

Summer pulled me aside and Zack went to talk to the guys.

S- I'm so proud of you Tomiks! I️ always thought you were too cool to admit your feelings, but you did.

T- Thanks Sum. Now, I️ need you to do the same.

I️ pointed to Freddy, rubbing his freshly punched arm. Ha ha, weak.

S- I️ know but it's...

T- Stop saying it's complicated, cause it's not! Look, I️ took a risk today not knowing what the outcome would be.

S- Tomiks, what if Zack had said he didn't like you back?

I️ pondered a bit. The answer to that question was right in front of me.

T- I️ took this risk knowing that I️ always had you, no matter what. I️f Zack had broken my heart I️ know that you would be there by my side comforting me. And if that Freddy breaks your heart then I'll crush that son of a hair gel.

S- You're right Tomiks. I️ need to be honest about my feelings.

She stared off at Freddy a bit.

S- I️ love you Tomiks.

T- Hmph, I️ love you too Sum.

Mr. Finn arrived with a churro in hand, shocker.

T- You're really giving the churro guy a run for his money.

M- So is #zamika official?

Normally I️ would want to break his face at the mention of "Zamika" but today felt different.

T- You know what Mr. Finn, it's official.

Ahh some Sumika and Zamika! I️ had a really fun time writing the Zamika parts but next chapter I️ shall bring the Fremmer. Thanks to @eden031708 for the song suggestion!! Remember to vote and feel free to comment! Peace out peeps 🤙🏼