Chapter 2

Summer POV

We're gonna live our life
Like we're on vacation

Rock and roll is our education
We don't know when and we don't know how

But the future starts right now!

I switched off my alarm and rolled out of bed. This was it, our last few weeks of school at Travis Prep. Our last few weeks with the band. My last few weeks with Fre... I mean Asher. Asher, Asher, Asher I am with Asher. I'm a happy girl with a great guy. I shook my head and texted Tomika.

S- Hey 💗

T- What up Sum? U ok?

S- Walk to school today?

T- Sorry Sum 😕 I had to go early

S- Oh ok 🙃 TTYL Tomiks

I put down my phone and started to get ready. I put on my skirt and shirt, fixed my hair then ran downstairs. My mom insisted on making me a "fancy breakfast" of eggs and bacon. Everything looked so good I devoured it in one second. "Love you!" I hollered to Mom. I opened the door and let the cool breeze hit my face.

It was surprisingly a beautiful day which was rare in Texas. Since Tomika wasn't with me I plugged in my earbuds and listened to some music.

Look at the stars... Look how they shine for you...

As I was jamming out something bumped into me. I spun around and screamed. "Hey Summer!" Said the familiar voice. It was only Freddy. I took out my earbuds and stuffed them into my bag. It was no use avoiding him, we were going to the same place! "Is it cool if I walk with you?" He asked. "It's cool!" I replied a little too happily.

We continued walking and talking about different things: the band, Coldplay, movies, then came the talk about... graduation.

(A/N I'm a bit lazy lol so Freddy will be the "F" and Summer the "S")

F- So graduation is coming up soon... you excited?

There was this sort of awkward silence. I could tell something was bothering Freddy, but what?

S- Kinda, you?

I wasn't making this conversation any easier!

F- Actually I'm kinda nervous. You know the future can be pretty scary.

S- Huh THE Freddy Huerta is nervous?!

He didn't seem amused.

F- I mean what will happen to us?

I stopped a bit, my cheeks beginning to blush.

F- Oh no, I meant like with the band. Everyone will go their separate ways.

I stared into his green eyes then looked straight ahead.

S- You know I think the best thing to do is to make the most of it. Make these last few weeks awesome!

He smiled. The first time he had done so the entire conversation. It was nice to see him happy.

F- You're right Sum.

We continued our walk smiling and staring at each other...

Thanks for reading the second part, hope you guys enjoyed it!! ❤️
Comment below: Summer or Tomika?