Chapter 14

Freddy POV

This was our final day to rehearse before the gig. Even though it felt as if my heart was shattered into a million pieces, I kept up the facade for Summer.

From our conversation earlier I knew that it wasn't safe to meet at any of our houses, so we spent the rest of our time in Mr. Finn's after school.

We had accomplished a lot and things were definitely taking a turn for the better.

It was Friday morning and the halls were bustling with students. I swerved in and out then before I knew it, I SLAMMED into Summer's locker. My arm screamed in pain and began to throb.

S- OMG! Freddy are you okay?

F- I'm fine.

Not really.

S- That was quite the impact!

We laughed.

S- So I wanted to talk to you about this whole friend  thing and...

F- Look Summer I know what you're going to say!

S- You do?

F- Sure! I love being friends with you too. I don't wanna ruin that either.

S- Yes but what if we...

F- It's just the way it has to be! You have a boyfriend and I'm totally happy for you two. #Sasher am I right?

S- Right but...

F- I guess love isn't that complicated. I never should have been jealous of your relationship with Asher. See as long as you're happy I'm happy. I gotta go okay?

S- Uh ya...

F- Bye Summer!

Summer POV

Freddy merged into the the crowd and was off. I needed to tell him about my breakup with Asher. How exactly was I going to get his attention?

Ring Ring

I turned around and began to walk to class when I felt someone bump into my arm.

S- Hey!

T- Sorry I...

I stared at Tomika in her skateboard gear.

S- Oh, it's you.

T- What do you want Summer?

S- Well first I'd like to settle this once and for all. Sit down.

T- You can't make me ahh!

I grabbed Tomika's arm and dragged her to the vacant steps.

S- Tomika, I'm sorry.

She looked at me tearfully.

S- I've been caught up in this whole Freddy drama that I've almost forgotten what an amazing friend you are.

T- I know Sum and I'm here for you. I just didn't want you to get hurt again and again. I've seen you cry over a boy that didn't even give you the time of day. I just want you to be happy.

S- It's just crazy. Even though Freddy and I seemed to be destined as "only friends" it still didn't stop me from trying to get him to notice me.

T- So much for a little crush huh.

S- Love can make you do crazy things.

Silence.

T- I'm sorry too Sum. I was getting on to you about Freddy when I can't even tell Zack how I feel.