Chapter 12

Summer POV

Since our fight had gotten worse, I didn't really wait for Tomika. She ended up walking with Zack, Kale and Lawrence. But it worked out because I had other business to attend to. I knew I had to keep up the act and forget about everything that happened last night. I was with Asher.

I walked over to Freddy's locker expecting to see him but I saw Asher there instead.

A- Hey Sum!

S- Oh hey Asher, what are you doing here? Are you here to invite me to another dinner?

That wasn't funny.

A- Actually I wanted to walk home with you. If that's okay?

S- Uh yes of course why wouldn't that be okay? I mean it's not like I'm seeing anyone else. You are my boyfriend after all.

Asher looked worried and I was yapping on and on. What was with me today?

A- Okay I need to go to the bathroom real quick and I'll meet you.

S- Okie dokie. Don't be long. Ha ha ha.

Asher scurried away to the restroom while I waited for Freddy, praying that he would be here soon.

F- Summer?

S- Ya that's me, the one and only. I mean do you know any other Summers? I think not! Ha ha ha.

Again with the awkward conversations and strange laugh. Freddy didn't seem to mind and continued on.

I stared into his green eyes, and focused on the two of us in the moment.

F- Well actually I wanted to talk to you about...

A- Ready to go?

I had completely forgotten about my impromptu walk with Asher.

F- Hi Asher.

Freddy POV

Asher was here?!

I tried to play it cool for Summer's sake, even though a jealous rage burned inside me.

A- Oh, long time no see Freddy! Hope I'm not interrupting anything.

He was.

S- Well you see...

F- I was going to give Summer a... high-five?

I looked at Summer and we both slapped our hands together in the most awkward high-five of all time.

Asher looked skeptical, but seemed to buy it.

S- Ha ha ha. Um was that all Freddy?

F- Ya, you two lovebirds go on. I'll see you later.

I watched those two, hand in hand, walk towards the doors. They were clearly in love.

What did Asher have that I didn't, besides a weak bladder!

I needed to talk to Summer, without Asher.

-----------------Time Jump---------------

Summer POV

At home I paced around my room, wondering what Freddy needed to tell me. I needed to find out so like any teenager, I texted him.

S- Hey

F- hey

S- sorry bout Asher
What did u need to tell me?

F- it doesn't matter
we need to work on the song

S- sure