Chapter 20

Summer POV

A few hours of getting ready and calling Tomiks flew by and before I knew it it was time to go.

Mrs. Huerta had offered to drive me to the graduation party going down at Lone Star Park (lol just made that up 😂).

I had asked Freddy if we were picking up any of the other School Of Rock kids and he said that Mr.Finn was taking them along with the instruments and equipment. So in order to not raise any suspicion I wore only part of my disguise (a black shirt and leggings) and packed the rest in my bag. I had put my hair into a messy bun, brushed on some makeup and headed downstairs. The time was 3:00 and Freddy was supposed to be here any minute.

Ding dong

I rushed to the door and opened it.

Freddy looked at me up and down.

F- Wow you look amazing.

S- Um its just a shirt and some leggings...

I could feel my cheeks turning red.

F- I know.

We kept staring at each other.

S- Ahem, uh we should probably get going?

F- Oh ya my bad.

We hobbled down the driveway to their blue SUV. Freddy opened the door for me and then closed it. He then climbed into the passenger seat.

I was glad he was sitting there.

Immediately I had flashbacks of my night with Asher. But I pushed them deep down.

MH- How are you Summer?

S- I'm doing well.

MH- Oh my Summer you are getting prettier and prettier each day I mean no wonder Freddy has...

F- Mami!

MH- Oh, sorry I won't say a word.

F- I didn't mean it like that

Freddy smiled.

We slowly reversed down the driveway.

I spotted Freddy fixing his hair using a small handheld mirror. Typical.

After about two minutes Freddy's mom began to speak.

MH- Now remind me why you guys are going this early? Doesn't the party not start until 7?

My heart began to beat rapidly but Freddy seemed to have it under control.

F- Well we are part of the decorating committee and uh thats pretty much it.

She seemed to buy it and we continued down the road until we stopped at a grocery store.

MH- Just a quick stop, apparently we had to get a cake and some balloons so I'll run in and get them.

She closed to door leaving us alone in both silence and awkwardness.

Freddy began drumming lightly on the dashboard. He caught my gaze but then quickly darted away.

After what felt like eternity, Mrs. Huerta entered in with a swarm of balloons.

MH- Alright here um okay.

She seemed concerned.

MH- Uh Freddy why don't you go ahead and sit in the back and bring the balloons with you. I'll leave the cake up here.

Freddy begrudgingly got out of the car and sat in my row.

He placed the balloons in between us and slammed the door shut.

I couldn't resist not looking at him but the balloons served as a way to prevent me from doing so. He turned his head, looking at the window.

I looked down and saw his hand inches from mine.

He looked solemnly into my eyes.

F- Sorry

I put both of my hands in my lap and turned my head towards my window.

Hey guys back with another update! 🌟 I hope everyone has been enjoying the book and as always let me know if you'd like me to continue. I'll probably write like a few more chapters before ending this book for good. Then I might start a book on any other ship so comment below!