The Truth.

"Look, all I'm saying is that if she says anything slick, I'm slapping the shit outta her and you bet not say nothing," Chelez warned seriously just as I pulled into an available parking space in front of my parent's house. It was finally Thanksgiving and as usual, they were hosting as they've done for the last eight years.

"Don't worry I won't, hell I might even enjoy it," I assured her, eyeing the few cars that were already here. Relief washed over me when I didn't see Mel or her husband's car, allowing me a little sense of peace before they showed up. In a way, I was happy that Chelez decided to spend our Thanksgiving break with me, instead of going back to Chicago to visit her family.

Unlike most, I actually enjoyed spending time with my loved ones who I don't get to see often, especially my cousin Travis. Being born the same year, only months apart, we grew up attached at the hip.

"Are those two snakes coming this time?" She asked, spreading on a fresh coat of lip gloss to complete her look. Without even naming names, I already knew who she was referring to.

Brooke and Chrystal were infamously known for being low down. It was no secret that the twins played dirty and didn't care who they hurt in the midst of it all. They were the perfect example of using what they had to get what they wanted and so far, it's been working in their favor. I don't even think either one of them actually held down a real job. They always somehow managed to get men and some women to give them whatever they wanted.

Those bitches were sneaky too.

They would try anybody, single or taken, they didn't care.

It was the only reason I was happy that Christian wasn't here. I trusted him with everything in me but it was those two jezebels that I didn't and for good reasons.

"More than likely. If Christian was here, they would try to devour his ass and I'd probably end up in somebody's jail cell." I don't know whose ass I whooped more, them or Melanie's, yet neither of them has learned their lessons.

"Girl who you tellin, you and me both. They make me itch just by looking at them." After only meeting them twice, Chelez already figured them out after the first encounter. Claiming her "ain't shit meter" as she likes to call it, went through the roof. "If anything goes down, just know I got your back, ok?"

I smiled at her, knowing her words were true and I wasn't expecting anything less. "I appreciate it."

"Let's go enjoy ourselves then." Sending a quick wink my way, she exited the car first with me following behind her, locking up my car in the process. As soon as we entered the house, my ears perked at the sound of talking coming from every direction. Only a hand full of my family was here, yet they had the house sounding like everyone had already arrived.

"Who's this Christian dude aunt Maxine has been talkin bout?" A familiar voice said, coming from the living room where Travis's face soon appeared. Immediately my eyes went straight to Chelez, who was already straightening up her posture, trying her best to look presentable in front of the real reason I knew she even came.

Squinting at the mischievous look I gave her, I stepped into Travis's waiting arms and hugged him tightly. It's been about three months since we last seen each other but we always talked over the phone or through text messages. "Travis, you remember my best friend Chelsea right?" I questioned once I stepped back and reintroduced the two.

I watched in amusement as Travis eyed Chelez closely before stepping closer to the woman who was trying so hard not to seem fazed. "I do. Nice to see you again." Neither had a clue about the other asking me about the other the night before.