"I don't think Hank's ever tried something like this. I think he was just taking a chance." Parrish says, referring to the Deputy that tried to kill him. 

"But if Hank had it. Then who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?" 

No one answers and Scott and Derek share a look.

----------

"Meredith only went to the lake house once. But I think once was enough." Lydia tells us what she found at the lake house. 

"How'd your grandmother know about her?" Derek questions, 

"She didn't. She found her because of another woman called Maddie. The woman she loved." Lydia says from her spot on the end of the bed. 

She stands up with a photo in her hand. She walks over to Scott and hands it to him. 

"I never met her. But I saw her name everywhere. She was part of a yacht racing team. There were plaques and trophies in the lake house from everything she had won." 

"How'd she die?" Scott asks. 

"How's not the story. It's right before. My grandmother- Lorraine- used to work in San Francisco for IBM. She was there on a weekend when it wouldn't work. She started hearing this sound. Like rain. But when she looked out the windows, all she saw was blue sky." 

"But she kept hearing the rain." I say. 

"It just kept getting louder. Rain. Thunder. Cracking. Like gunshots in her head. So loud, she finally just screamed." 

"Like a Banshee." Derek says. 

"She called Maddie, who was planning on taking one of the boats out on the lake. Maddie said that the sun was shining. So Lorraine didn't say anything." 

"There was an accident." Parrish realises. 

"It took them four days to find Maddie's body. Then it took decades to figure out how Lorraine knew. She started with parapsychologists. The PHD in her name made it more scientific. They built the study in the lake house. According to every pseudo-scientific theory they could find. None of it worked. Then she started getting into more extreme occult and mediums and physics- all of them failures. Until Meredith. They found her in Eichen house. The fragile girl who didn't understand the thing she had. They brought her to the study and almost killed her. She was hospitalised for over a year. She... never really recovered. My grandmother drove her insane and I drove her to suicide. And all she wanted to do was help." 

We all gather round the table as Lydia pulls out a piece of paper. 

"My grandmother created the code for the deadpool. I think she's the banshee that put the names on the list in the first place. She left me this message with the same code." 

"But she didn't leave us a single cypher key?" Scott asks.

Lydia shakes her head.

--------------

Derek's POV

I look to Scott as he picks up the gun sitting on the bed. 

"Careful with that." I say, walking over to him. 

"I thought you didn't like guns." Scott states. 

I outstretch my hand for the gun and he hands it to me. 

"Does this have something to do with your eyes?" 

"My eyes... My strength. The healing... Some of the Mate bond with Mackenzie. All of it."