Chapter 2 - Percy

Start from the beginning

Percy let that sink in. Being the opposite of someone, meant they trusted you with their most secret troubles. Yeah, that resolved everything. Percy let it slide. "So, what's wrong?" he finally asked.

Jason's glanced up at the sky for a moment, sighed, then casually slipped his hand into his pocket, drawing forth his gold coin. He gave it a single flip, revealing his Imperial Gold lance.

Percy looked up. A lone harpy was fluttering through the sky, fixing beady red eyes upon the Argo II striding calmly across the waters below. It squawked in hatred, and made a beeline straight for the two demigods resting at its port, talons aimed for them.

Jason gave his weapon a single lazy flick, and a rogue bolt of lighting  arched down from the sky, blasting the harpy to smithereens, dozens of charred feathers raining around them like confetti.

The boys didn't even react. Jason put up his spear. "Well, besides the endless monster attacks, it's just been nagging me at the corners of my mind... of what happened when were entered the mortal domain that sheltered the Doors of Death, just before we found you and Annabeth."

Percy shuddered, remembering the sudden lack of life that seemed to dwell around him when the elevator dinged, how he and Annabeth slumped against each other as if the car had been suddenly filled with poison gas, how he vaguely remembered hearing another faint ding, the doors hissing open, and he and Annbeth falling to the floor, something metallic rolling next to Percy's head. Had it been a screw driver? He couldn't remember.

Jason began, "Just after Leo and Hazel were separated from the rest of us, I couldn't control the Roman legions of the dead, no matter how hard I tried. They would only listen to Frank, before and after I turned over my mark as Praetor. I didn't understand it then, but I do now. My short time at Camp Half-Blood has changed me. It's turned me Greek. Even though I've spent all my life at Camp Jupiter, taking control as Praetor and ruling beside Reyna, my short arrival at your camp was enough that I couldn't even control my own legion. And I'm not saying anything offensive toward Camp Half-Blood. I just don't want this to end thinking I've become something I'm not. I've always been proud to be known as a son of Jupiter, not Zeus."

Percy listened quietly, his hand stroking the railing of the ship.

Jason continued, "I've always been acknowledged as Roman demigod, and being unable to control the Roman legion, almost makes me feel as if I've come to a cross-roads. I don't know where to turn, which side I should choose, which allies I join arms with. The Romans are marching to destroy Camp Half-Blood. Do I join them, or fight them? They're my friends, but then so are you, and everyone else at Camp Half-Blood. They've shown me their kindness, and they treated me as one of them; how could I face them, if I sided with the Romans? How could I face the Romans, if I sided with the Greeks?"

Percy held out his hand in a calming gesture, even though Jason's words were masked with tranquility. "Dude, I totally get you. I know exactly how you feel. Being dropped at Camp Jupiter, I've learned how to trust the ones I may have once called enemies. But I wouldn't worry about whose side I'll take when the end comes, because there won't even be a need. A big part of this entire quest we're on, was to lay peace between the two camps, not encourage it. That was the whole point of retrieving the Athena Parthenos, remember?"

Jason gave a single nod, his eyes still looking out into the horizon.

"There won't ever be a need to choose a side, because when we come back on this mission, there won't be a side to take. I have full faith in Reyna and Nico - not so much Coach Hedge - to bring back the statue and restore peace between the camps. They do their own quest as we do ours. And right now, we can't focus on the little things such as what line of blood we follow; and focus more on kicking Gaea in the face, and sending those filthy giants back to Tartarus again."

Jason turned to look at him, ice-blue eyes meeting sea-green. Percy held his eyes, not backing down.

Jason stood still for a moment, then breathed outward, giving a single nod. He held out his hand in gratitude, and Percy clasped it.

"Thanks Percy," Jason said.

"Don't mention it," Percy replied, a mischievous twinkle glowing in his eyes. He clapped Jason on the shoulder kiddingly. "Come on man, suck it up. We got everyone back. We're all safe. Let's enjoy the morning while we can before another shrimpzilla pays us a visit, or something."

Jason let out a huff of amused air, turning back to the sea. "Whatever you say, dude. If only this ship were in the air though. That might clear up my thoughts."

"Hades no," Percy remarked. "The ocean's the best."

"Says you!" Jason scoffed, a grin curling at the corners of his lips.

"Alright then, you go fly around like the blond Superman you are; take in the fresh air."

Jason nodded like that sounded like a good idea to him.

Percy said, "But only after I enjoy this comfortable, relaxing spot to watch you take a dive." And with that, Percy grabbed Jason and shoved him over the railing.

The son of Jupiter plummeted towards the water below, only to catch himself at the last second, summoning the winds, and taking to the sky, hovering in mid-air just before Percy, who stood laughing on the port deck of the Argo II.

"You think that's funny?" Jason smirked, grinning broadly now. "Well, do you think this is funny?" He suddenly pointed at Percy's feet, and a small funnel cloud materialized around Percy. Jason swung his arm upward, and the son of Poseidon was launched sky-high, the winds at his back. For about five seconds, Percy sailed through the air (sure for a second that Zeus was going to blast him to pieces), before landing with an almighty splash about a hundreds yards off the starboard deck of the Argo II.

Jason hovered in mid-air, laughing his head off.

Percy summoned a hurricane within the ripples of the ocean's surface, and a small wave lifted him up high, until he hovered directly in front of Jason. "Alright, son of Jupiter." Percy grinned. "It's on."

And there's Chapter 2! Yes, I know I said I was only planning on making one chapter (or prologue, I should say), but even though I really didn't get many reviews (any reviews actually), I decided to keep going anyway. I enjoy writing fan fictions. :)

Hope this wasn't too 'bromantic' for you all. I just thought we all need some bromance once in a while. Lol

I'll try to update soon when I get the chance.

Again, reviews are deeply appreciated!

Until next time!