Chapter 30 - Percy

Chapter 30 - Percy

(Before you read this, go back to Chapter 29 - Annabeth. I added a small scene in the middle where the Seven are all eating breakfast. Be sure to check that out alright? Thanks!)

Percy didn't like unfamiliar places. Probably no one did. Rhodes was a small island that lay close to the country of Turkey towards the eastern face of the Mediterranean. Percy wasn't sure what Jason meant when he asked if they'd been seen from the coast during the Ketea's attack. Percy was no geography master, but he knew they weren't close to any coast, except maybe the island of Crete. Nonetheless, he let it slide, and after he'd packed all his belongings: extra drachmas, overnight provisions, weapons, explosives, and of course, blue candy, he and Annabeth went above deck to see everyone else waiting.

Jason was bidding goodbye to Piper, as was Frank to Hazel. Leo was standing around giving everybody hugs, trying his best to get in the way of dramatic goodbyes, and pretty much annoy the living Hades out of everyone - which should have been his major in community college if he ever survived long enough to even achieve that. Percy wrapped his arm around Annabeth and waited until they were ready.

Piper pecked Jason's cheek. "Come back to me, okay?" she murmured.

"You kidding?" Jason winked. "I'll be back before you know it."

Percy stepped forward. "You guys ready?"

Frank took a deep breath and shouldered his long bow and quiver. A small gladius was strapped to his waist and he carried a large brown back pack. "As ready as we'll ever be... I guess...?"

"You guess??" Percy slung his arm over Frank's shoulder. "Dude, come ooonnnn with the negativity." Percy spread his other arm outward toward the sea for Frank to observe, and slouched slightly as if he were surveying the ocean in a 'groovy' manner. "You jus' gotta feel the atmosphere, my friend..." He talked to Frank in a slurred voice, as if he were a hippie desiring peace... and directions to San Francisco. "You jus' gotta dig the serenity of this place. Feel the waves, the ocean smell in the air. Don't you worry about no sea monsters, as long as we jus' think positive thoughts. Ain't it beautiful?"

"Umm..." Frank shifted uncomfortably and his eyes darted around. Annabeth, Piper, and Hazel were holding in laughs, and Jason and Leo were grinning ear to ear. "Far out..." Frank said, and gave a hang-loose sign with his hand.

Percy and the rest of the crew burst out laughing. "Now that's what I'm talkin' about!" Percy exclaimed. "Alright, let's get this show on the road." He turned to Jason who readjusted the straps on an Imperial Gold sword and his dagger to his belt. He also carried a bag full of extra provisions. "We'll follow a few yards behind you," he said. "You're not as big as a target to monsters patrolling the skies as Frank and me. Any creatures above would notice us first and you'll have time to warn us if they do."

Jason nodded in understanding. "Gotcha." He walked to the edge of the railing by the stern and summoned a tiny burst of wind, rising into the air for a second before sinking back to the deck as if he were warming up his flying powers.

Frank gave Hazel a hug, then turned and approached the rail. He morphed into a giant eagle, his arms elongating into broad wings, his neck shrinking, the clothes and equipment transforming as well. Once fully in the form of an eagle, Frank ruffled his feathers and looked at Percy expectantly.

Percy gave him a thumbs up, then turned to Annabeth. Her eyes were a shade of crystal grey that matched the fluffy clouds overhead. Her golden hair flowed elegantly in the breeze, and her tan skin glowed in the morning sun light. She was so beautiful it made Percy's heart ache.