Chapter 16: The Fight for Beacon Hills

Start from the beginning

"Why thank you, and it's a pleasure to meet another werewolf, honestly they are the best trackers," Mary praised with a gentle smile. Hayden furrowed her eyebrows together. "Really? Most people freak out when they realize they're next to a werewolf."

"Well, as you know, I'm not most people," Mary stated. These three were searching through the woods to find the cave that contained the pixie bush. As they searched the woods, Mary had her bow in hand with her arrows on her back. Even as she continued to speak with the kids, she remained alert for any incoming danger with the knowledge that her husband was with the others looking out for the town and her daughter at the hospital preparing for their return to make the bomb. "So, that blonde, she's your daughter," asked Mason.

Mary nodded as she looked around the environment to make sure they were safe from the creatures. The sunlight may weaken them, but it wouldn't hurt to be cautious. Besides there was still dark clouds above them, if they were to stay in the shade, the monsters could move around more easily.

"How is she your daughter? She looks like she should be around the same age as you," Hayden asked. Might as well explain. Mary thought. "Thirty years ago, the Evil Queen cast the Dark Curse that banished almost everyone from the Enchanted Forest to this world. When we were under it, time was frozen and we lost all of our memories about our true lives and given new ones. Emma was destined to break the curse. Right when the curse was about to hit us, I gave birth to Emma and she was taken to a magical portal that allowed her to arrive here before we could. And she did break it."

"It actually sounds pretty cool," Hayden said as she stepped on the twigs and leaves under their feet. Mason asked, "So is that why she was called the savior?"

"Yes, but the reason she was destined to become the savior was because she had to bring back the happy endings," Mary said grimly almost depressingly. Mason and Hayden looked to see that the 'cool' Snow White looked saddened. Mason asked, "What's wrong?"

    "Oh, it's nothing,"Mary shrugged. Hayden then said, "Well something's bothering you. And try not to lie, werewolves can tell when people lie."

"She's not wrong," Mason noted to her. Mary smiled sadly and explained, "I know I shouldn't be bothering you with this. It's just I'm worried about Emma. Being the savior isn't meant to be glamorous. Each one has to die in the end. And Emma was lucky to be revived the last time. What if being the savior again means, she might die this time? I mean she just got married. It wouldn't be fair to Emma to go through all this trouble again."

"And what if she doesn't," Hayden asked.

"I beg your pardon," Mary asked. Mason, understanding what Hayden was implying, explained, "Think about it, maybe after you stop this guy, Emma's job will be officially over."

"Maybe, but did you see how that weapon called an angel blade light up when Emma grabbed it," Mary reminded them. Who can forget that? Everyone, including the Winchester Brothers who have been hunting ever since they were little, were shocked to see the angel blade react that way. It was amazing and strange. When Mary had saw it, she was dazzled by it. But she couldn't help but feel a sense of fear for her daughter's safety. Especially with a demon and an angel there, it was hard not to worry for Emma.

"No one knows how that happened, it just did," Mason had tried to say but was he truly uncertain of the outcome. He didn't even have a clue as to what an angel blade could do. He tried to reassure her though, "But you shouldn't assume the worst. After all this, all that's felt is Storybrooke to worry about. Then you're free."

Mary was quiet. She didn't say a thing. She only remained focused on the task. She no longer wanted to think of Emma's safety, or worse: death. All she could hope for, is that this nightmare will end with them all celebrating with her family.