Chapter 16

Briana Xyra's POV.

If looks could kill, kanina pa inuuod ang bangkay ni Xavier sa uri ng pagkakatingin ko. Naiinis talaga ako sakanya. Naiinis ako sa ikinilos niya. Why? Simple.

Pag uwi namin kanina sa bahay kompleto silang lahat. Family ko, family ni Xavier, gangmates niya then huli akong dumating with my gangmates.

*Flashback*

"What's up people?" agad na tanong ko pagka upo ko palang sa sofa.

They all looked at me then switched their gaze to Xavier, then back at me.

"We just have something important to say." paliwanag ni daddy. Tinango tango ko aking ulo biglang pagsagot.

"Anak, do you still remember the rule of the Underground about the proclaimation of the thrown?" malumanay na tanong ni mommy sakin. I mentally arched my eyebrows. What's with her malumanay tone? This is so not my mom.

Ang mommy ko hindi nalumanay magsalita, she always talked with a loud voice because she wanted that people will understand what she was talking.

I cleared my throat before answering.

"Yes. Of course. How could I forget the rule I've memorized since I was 4 years old I guess. The rule states that in order for the Empress to be consider as an Empress and have the right to the throne, she have to marry the Emperor." agad kong sagot.

Napag aralan ko lahat rules & regulations sa underground-- including that rule-- when I was a little kid. I was born with a mark on my head that I will be the Empress on the Underground and because of that idea, I was trained when I was young to be ready until I become all set.

"Yes that's it. Do you also still remember what I said about the Emperor?" mommy asked again.

"Yes, I completely do. You once said that the Emperor is currently studying abroad therefore he will not be able to attend the meetings and gatherings on the Underground. And once gets back, we will immediately plan for our wedding."

Tumango tango si mommy na parang sinasabi na tama ako.

"We have a news for you sweetie. Ikaw nalang ang magdecide kung bad news ba yan para sayo or good news." sabi ni daddy. Bigla akong nakaramdam ng kaba pero I act cool in front of them.

Alam na alam ko na kung anong 'news' ang ibabalita nila. Napagtanto ko ito ng magtanong sila. I'm not that stupid para hindi mahulaan lahat ng kinikilos nila. I just acted empty-headed about their news because actually, I'm afraid of the news that they will going tell.

"Bring it on." casual kung sagot.

Nagkatinginan silang lahat at bago tumingin sakin.

"The Emperor is back."

That four words and six syllables. I admit, it caught me of guard. Eventhough expected ko na, na iyan ang sasabihin nila hindi ko parin maiwasang matigilan.

Many things could change now that he's here.

Kung bumalik na ang Emperor this means goodbye single. Kailangan ko siyang pakasalan sa ayaw at sa gusto ko.

Bigla akong napatingin kay Xavier.

Kung bumalik na ang Emperor ibig sabihin wala na akong karapatang magmahal ng iba. Pero pano siya? Aish. Damn it. What do I mean 'pano siya'? I questioned myself.

"Anak are you alright?

Agad napabaling ang tingin ko kay mommy nang bigla siyang magtanong.

"H-huh? Yeah. I'm a-alright." I answered with almost a low tone.