"Momma's back, honey dukes-"

Recap

I stepped back, shaking my head at my absurd thoughts. I hadn't eaten anything since morning and I think that it was taking a toll on me. I really needed something in my stomach or it would be growling soon like a wolf.

Thinking what I was going to devour like a chimpanzee, I made my way back into the house and then towards the kitchen leaving a concerned looking Bureau behind me.

☆☆☆☆☆

"A double shot mocha, please." I ordered, smiling sweetly at the blonde girl standing right in front of me. She returned my smile with a small one of hers as she nodded her head before turning her back towards me.

I drummed my fingers in a rhythmic manner against the wooden top of the counter, mumbling the lyrics of Ed Shreen's Shape of you under my breath as I waited for my order to be ready.

West Boss called me yesterday to inform about the new case that I was going to handle as my very first assignment after I reached home, safely.

The thrill and excitement of the nearly unbelievable news remained within me as long as I talked to West Boss but just as the call ended, my lazy side kicked in making me shrugg nonchalantly. After that, I immediately  slumped back on the coach and started watching Netflix until my eyelids felt heavy and it was time for my much awaited slumber.

Being the greatest hater of Monday mornings, I woke up today at eight only to take a quick trip to the bathroom before falling face first on my warm bed to continue my hibernation further.

I was definitely not the one to sacrifice my precious beauty sleep for a sinful thing like early office. My sleep was so important for me that I didn't even bought an alarm clock for the sake of it!

What was an office, then?

I was actually woken up by Sam after about an hour or so when he, being one of the early risers, showed his useless ass at my apartment's door.

At first, I decided to just ignore his pathetic self but when the doorbell didn't stop ringing like a substitute alarm clock, I settled with throwing random things at the main door assuming it to be Sam's annoying face while still lying on the bed rather than standing up and opening the door like a normal and civilised person which I surly wasn't .

But, as expected, it was a futile attempt.

Neither the doorbell stopped ringing nor did Sam ended up with a black eye or fractured jaw. Huffing like a two year old, I lazily stood up from my extremely cozy bed only to fell face-first on the carpeted floor. Turned out, my legs were tangled with the bed-sheet so stubbornly that they even put me to shame.

Cursing the inventor of mornings especially the one of Monday, I made my way over to the door while rubbing my face with both of my hands trying to wipe away any trace of sleepiness from it before throwing the door wide open.

After that everything happened in a blur as Sam stormed inside my apartment with a angry-man look sprawled across his face and lectured me for almost an hour on being lazy and careless as heck even when I was going to reach the age of twenty two years within the span of a one month.

I wanted to point out the fact that twenty two wasn't an age to be considered as mature enough but decided against it as I was too 'lazy' to do that and tell me, who would want to make this poo-face donkey understand that I was not being some lazy ass, instead, I was on my energy saving mode?