"Who is the girl standing beside Joe?"

Recap

I sighed before standing up, the chair beneath me making a screeching sound as it slided across the floor a little. I took a one last glance around the room, looking for anything that could interest me at all.

Sudeenly, my vision halted at a huge photo frame hanging just above the couch in the left corner of the room. I walked towards it lazily before focusing on the group picture.

●●●●●●●●●●●●

There were about a dozen of people in the picture which included only about four women and the rest were men.

Joe was standing in the centre of it, smiling his toothy smile with a girl resembling him quite majorly. Maybe, she was his daughter about whom he was talking before and next to her was the brunette boy.

He looked quite different from now and, it would be to say the least, that it  was kind of weird and amazing at the same time.

I mean, now, he has a good frame and a lively, fun loving air surrounding him but in the picture, he was a completely different person. 

It seemed to me as if he had gone through a major transformation which had changed his physique and persona, tremendously.

In the picture, he was nothing like how he looked in the present time. There were not that much muscles in his body and his face, back then,  could easily be awarded as the epitome of innocence and nerdiness.

"Joe, I need to talk to you about the new meta-" A masculine voice came from behind me and I, immediately, whirled on my heels.

My eyes locked themselves with two extremely familiar orbs of deep brown colour.

He furrowed his brows at me before looking around the empty office. "What are you- Do you know where Joe is?" He, very smoothly, corrected himself before flicking his gaze back over to Joe's messy desk.

Woah!

This was the first time ever he had said something to me and that, too, this!

I shook my head at my absurd thoughts.

So, what if he said that? It's not like you were much easy going with him or anything like that. Now, were you?

"No, I don't," I replied him curtly before quickly adding, "but he received a call from someone named.." I trailed off and furrowed my eye brows, trying to recall the name Joe had spoken into his cell when he picked it up. " ....Iru."

He, from out of nowhere, choked on the air before a warm smile tugged on his lips, making two cute little dimples to pop on their own accord at either of his cheeks.

"It's actually Iris, "He piped in like a smart ass that he assumed himself to be, "and not Iru." A round laughter burst from within him while I flushed beet red for the second time in an hour.

Composing myself, I rolled my eyes at him.

"And I thought I was the only one playing Captain Obvious, here." I retorted to which he just shook his head, still chuckling, while trying his best to not show the amusement, clear as a sunny day, on his face.