"Well, if you say so."

Recap

Now, I was just hoping that this job remains with me until my stay here because I was not so sure about it due to my recent phscopathetic stunt.

But, say it like this or that, it was all in all.... amazing!

Right?

●●

"Sir, you called me?" I said, knocking on my boss' office door.

Looking up from a book which was in his hands,  he zeroed his black eyes at me before nodding his head.

Taking it as a sign, I walked inside the spacious room before standing in front of his desk.

My co-workers told me that our boss's name was kind of weird. Scanning his desk, I looked at his name plate and sure enough there it was written in all its glory.... Joe West.

Seriously?

I mean, why West though?

Why not North, South or East? Huh?

It was a hilarious one, wasn't it?

Okay! I know, that was a bad one but Hey! I am just trying to lighten the gloomy air around in his gloomy office.

I roamed my eyes around, savouring the room's condition.

It was a good one except the grey walls surrounding it and the dark rosewood furniture diapered in almost every nook and corner of it.

I stopped taking in the scary office before looking at my boss when he cleared his throat, suddenly.

"Miss. Thames." He acknowledged me, nodding his head in a business like manner, yet again.

I nodded my head back, this time taking in his appearance.

He was wearing a warm overcoat paired with....who knew what?!

His lower part was hidden behind the desk and I was standing opposite to him, across the desk so it was nearly impossible for me to look over there and even if I did, trust me, it would be nothing but awkward for both of us.

He kind of looked around my father's age; the almost visible wrinkles adding to the obvious fact.

He had tanned, blackish skin with dark black hair which were still in their natural colour and, much to my surprise, not a single speck of white on them making him look all the way more younger than he actually was.

"So...," He started making me focus on what he was going to say next instead of how old he might be, "how was your first day of work, Miss. Thames?" He asked,  smiling at me.

Until now, I was standing there in front of him like a robot but that gesture of him, just that smile, was enough for me to switch to my other side like some kind of button was clicked inside me.

I returned his smile with my broader one before sitting lazily on the seat at my side of the desk.

"It was fantastic." I gushed, "No! Actually, It was amazing. I really enjoyed, here" I told him, reminiscing back to yesterday's memorable events.