Chapter 15: Operation Sleepy Town

Magsimula sa umpisa

    "That's why you have these burn marks in the first place! Why didn't you tell use this the minute we found you? Why are your author powers reacting like this," Regina screeched.

    "I don't think he should have used his powers to take Castiel to Storybrooke," Stiles whispered to Scott and Dean.

    "He what?! Are you all kidding me!? He's a kid for God's sake!" When Dean and the rest of the group heard Regina was the Evil Queen, he didn't believe at first but now, with her face as red as the poison apple in the original tale, he didn't want to imagine what she would do to them. Annoyed and panicked, Scott spoke above them all, "How about we handle problem at a time! What are you gonna do with Argent?!"

    Zelena and Regina looked at each other with concern and hesitation. They both had hoped they wouldn't have to resort to this, but it didn't look like they had a choice. Regina pulled out the pin from her left pocket and grabbed Argent's hand. She fiddled with it, until he squeezed his index finger.

    "Wait, isn't that a Sleeping Curse," asked Melissa as she rubbed her forehead in frustration. Dean, Sam, Stiles, and Scott looked confused as to what a sleeping curse was. REgina frowned and responded, "Unfortunately, yes..."

    "Woah, woah, woah, what is that gonna do to him," questioned Dean with a raised eyebrow followed by a stone hard glare. Regina rolled her eyes and huffed, "Look it's not going to kill him. The curse will put pause on his condition until we finish making the cure."

    "But you told us that only True Love's kiss in the only thing that can wake him up if we did have to resort to the curse," Melissa noted. Regina looked down as the pin glimmered in the lighting of the room. True Love's kiss. How ironic. Stiles thought. But he wasn't the only one to think it was strange.

    "The hell? What is this? Some fairytale? Nah, I don't think a Sleeping Curse is a good idea for him. You better drop his finger," Dean said. Regina looked back at him a grim look on her tired face, "Well, do you have any better ideas?"

    Dean was quiet and was about to say something until his phone started to ring. He groaned and walked out as he answered. Stiles watched as Regina looked up at Melissa and his adopted father. Regina shook her head, "I'm sorry about this, but we don't have a choice."

    "Are you sure there's nothing else we can do?" asked Noah Stilinski. Zelena shook her head, "Sorry, but we don't have anything strong enough to help contain the venom while maintaining his condition."

    Melissa sighed and rubbed her temples. As she looked back at the venom running through Argent's skin. She could that his once violent movements have calmed but in a worse way, for she could see that he was already dying. His skin was far more pale than it was before and his breathing was shallow. It was risky, but Regina was right, time wasn't a luxury they had right now.

    "Do it," Melissa commanded. With hesitation, Regina pushed the needle into Chris Argent's finger until she could see a drop of blood peering through the sickly pale skin. Regina pulled the needle back and mumbled, "It's done..."

    In little time, Chris' breathing had faltered a little and Melissa looked at the heart meter to see that he was still alive. She sighed in relief to see that he was doing okay. Chris looked at peace. "It's like a coma," Melissa mumbled to herself, for Chris seemed to be in a deep sleep.

    "Exactly," Regina agreed. Henry asked as he came near his mother, "So what now?"

    "Hey guys," they turned towards Dean who had walked in with a look of relief. Stiles had to ask," What are you so happy about?"

    "Cas, he called me back, and he said he managed to rescue Emma and Crowley from Storybrooke," Dean grinned. Regina and Zelena perked up in surprise.