♦️ Chapter 29 || But It's Winter♦️

Start from the beginning

I awkwardly laugh as I gather my books and shove them into my bag, "He-he yeah. My parents are away on business and I don't know when they are coming back so I'm staying at their friend's house whose son happened to be Jake" I say in one giant breath.

She blinks blankly then grins, "Yeah you two so aren't staying friends for much longer."

I choke... change the subject... CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!

"What were you doing in your notebook?" I casually ask changing the subject.

"Nice subject change" she chuckles "and I was drawing."

My eye's widened, "OMG you draw? Show me show me show!"

She chuckles and grabs her notebook and sighs, "This is my sketchbook. I usually don't show people my work but I'll show you."

I clap with joy as she begins to open the book. She opens up the book and I see millions of amazing drawings including tigers, dolphins, her self, and millions of others. As she flips the pages the drawings get better and better.

"You are so talented Alice!" I say in awe.

"Thanks!" She cheers.

Alice takes the book so only she can see it, "Okay I was drawing in class today and I want you to have it"

"What? Why me?" I gasp.

She chuckles "You'll see"

She carefully rips out a piece of paper "Ready?"

I nod.

She turns the paper and what meets my eyes is absolutely amazing. It was a beautiful drawing of a girl and a guy. His arm was around her and they were looking at each other with googly eyes. The guy in the drawing was stunning and gorgeous but he looked familiar. Then my eyes met the girl and I realized what that drawing was.

She chuckles "It's you and Jake!"

I put my hands on my face, "Aliceeeeee" I whine "WHY?"

"Take it," she says as she takes my wrist and forces the drawing in my hand, "I expect you to take great care of it."

I roll my eyes.

"You love me" She winks.

"You wish"

We grab our stuff and exit the school.

As we walk down the stairs my eyes lock with Jake's eyes. The sun hit his face at just the right angle that made him gleam. He was wearing a thick dark blue jacket and...

"Earth to Nicole" Alice jokes.

I stop and look at her "What?"

She grins "My drawing is so accurate. Admit it."

"No never."

She playfully pushes me and with my luck, I twist my ankle which caused me to tumble down the last two stairs.

I look up once I reach the bottom at Alice who is dying of laughter.