"Nigga you don't have ownership over me no more. You fucked that up when you cheated, remember. You let all this Hollywood shit get to your head, Mr. Future. And if I was with somebody you have no say over it."

"How long you keep bringing that shit up? I said I was sorry a million times. When you gon forgive a nigga?"

"When you story saying you're sorry and show it. And don't have my daughter all sugared up when you bring her home." I got in my car and cranked the engine ready to pull off, but this nigga was still standing here.

"Lets go out to dinner tonight then. You, me, and babygirl."

"I don't have time and even if I did I still wouldn't go."

"Baby-"

"Amber." I corrected him.

"Look Amb, I fucked up, okay. But I'm tryna to fix it. Baby please, just give me another chance to show you I can be the man you need me to be."

"I'll see later Xiamarion." I pulled off with him standing there looking dumb.

I don't care how much begging he tries to do, he needs to start taking action if he ever wants me back. As for right now, it's fuck that nigga. For the first time in a long time, I'm focusing on myself and my dreams and goals. The only people that come before that is Xiamara and God.

I drove to my parents house to tell how their granddaughter was acting on her first day. I put in the code to open the gate and I drove up the path to the house I grew up in. I seen my sister's car here to. Her ass always over here, you would've thought she was the baby. I opened the door to hear jazz playing throughout the house. My dad was a jazz musician like most of my uncles and grandfather. He even played with some of the greatest; Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Dizzy Gillepse, Lionel Hampton, and Count Bassie. I was born into this music shit.

"Mama!!" I took my shoes off by the door.

"I'm in the kitchen baby!"

I watched into the kitchen to see my mama over the stove and my sister and dad sitting at the island. I sat next my dad.

"Hey family, y'all having breakfast without me?"

"No, but where's my grabdbaby at?" My dad asked drinking his coffee.

"Today was her first day of pre-k. I thought I told y'all that."

"Well you know nothing ever gets back to me ever."

"No nigga you know I told yo ass that lastnight." My mama said scrabbling some eggs.

"Woman who you talking to. You didn't say nothing about that. I was busy breaking your back in!"

"Aye dad we don't wanna hear that!" Ashley said covering her ears. "Amber get your parents child."

"Uh- huh I ain't got nothing to do with that. Anyways, Xiamara was so excited to start school today. I don't even think she gon miss me today. She swears she's a big girl. But that's still my baby."

"Now you see how I felt when you decided to move out."

"Mama I was 18 and pregnant. I needed to get out on my own."