Should've Been

Amber's P.O.V.

It's Xiamara's first day of pre-k and she seems more excited than I thought she would be

It's Xiamara's first day of pre-k and she seems more excited than I thought she would be. She woke me up extra early this morning to tell me she couldn't be late for her day of school. It was so cute.

"Look at my princess all pretty and ready for her first day." Xiamarion, her father said coming into the classroom.

"Daddy!" She ran to him and he swoop her up showering her with kisses.

He looked over at me and I rolled my eyes. I fell in love and was a ride or die for this man at the solid age of 14. Not to mention he's a rapper, Future that is, who let all that money go straight to his head and his dick. We've been broken up for a year now because I caught him in our bed fucking the shit out of some bitch. I was completely done his ass after that. The only thing that kept me tied to this nigga was my beautiful daughter.

"Hey Amber, acting like you can't speak and shit. With yo fine ass."

"Stop cussing around these children. And there's nothing I need to say to you."

"Man stop acting like that. Come here and give me a hug."

"Xiamarion bye. You were supposed to be here 15 minutes ago."

"I got caught in traffic okay, I'm sorry. Xi tell your mama to be nice."

"Mommy be nice to daddy, okay?"

"For you, baby, for you. Now me and daddy have to go now so you can learn. Come give mommy a kiss."

I squatted down to her level and she hugged me and kissed me.

"Behave yourself okay?"

"I will mommy. I'm a big girl now." She put her hands on hips and gave me a look.

"Okay lil girl, watch yourself. Give daddy a hug so we can leave."

They hugged like they was never gon see each other again. Dramatic asf. After they finished their little act Xiamara went on with the rest of the kids and me and Xiamarion made our way outside.

"You want me to come pick it her or did you want to?" He asked walking me to my car.

"You can come get her. She misses you and I'll be busy anyways."

"Busy doing what?"

"Studio. Working, why?"

"Just making sure you ain't with no nigga when I'm not around."