Jealousy Is A Monster - Rewritten

Start from the beginning

“It will happen babe. I know it.” I grinned, lying across her lap and switching on the TV.

Since the game, Gabby had locked herself in her room, hence why I was surprised when she came down earlier. Although, we all know there’s nothing separating her and food. As far as I know, Mark hadn’t phoned her or even given her a text. The only thing that resembled an explanation even a little bit was ‘Gabby was just a fling’. Nate hadn’t told Gabby that because I’m about 99% sure that she would stop eating all together if she did hear. Rihana and Ron had gone back home as they had work and it was closer from there. Me and Lottie had decided to stay as Gabby’s parents were still gone and my parents were on holiday too.

I looked up at Lottie who was now asleep, with her head rested on the arm rest. We both slept in with Gabby in the nights, which meant her crying on us all night was a daily thing. I glanced at the clock and it was already five in the evening which meant we had about two hours before we had to go and meet the Nate and his asshole friend. I hoped for his sake that he didn’t come near any of us. I was still trying to figure out why Gabby agreed to it; surely she had a plan, which I was excited to find out. Before I forgot, I grabbed my phone and texted Rihana and Ron to meet us here at seven.

“LOTTIE! AANA! CHARLOTTE! AANA! WAKE UP!” Somebody shouted, shaking my shoulders furiously.

“Leave me alone.” I muttered and drifted off again. The next thing I know is I was being pushed on the floor. Once I had face planted the floor, another weight dropped on to me. Definitely awake.

“Lottie, get off!” I growled, pushing her off me. I looked up at Gabby who was grinning at me, whilst eating a sausage and looking satisfied. “What’s wrong with you child?”

“It’s quarter to seven assholes, you need to get ready. You’ve been asleep for ages.” She smiled, pointing to the blanket which was now on the floor.

“Oh thanks.” I mumbled, still half asleep. I glanced up at the clock again and realised she was right. We literally had fifteen minutes to get ready. I looked over at Gabby who was already dressed. I laughed at her plan and raised an eyebrow at her.

“Sexy right?” she laughed and turned on her heel to answer the door. She was wearing a very tight lacy black Bodycon dress, red stilettos and little red blazer. I guess she was taking the Green Monster to him. I nudged Lottie and she just laughed. I knew that this night was not going to end well, plus I wasn’t driving. Perks. I pulled Lott up and dragged her up the stairs behind me, winking at Ron and Rihana in the process. I pulled out a plum coloured peplum dress and slipped it on with my purple platforms and black biker jacket. I tied my hair up into a donut bun and grabbed the black earrings and choker off the desk, clipping them both on. Lottie was in a blue stretch dress, navy kitten heels and a denim jacket. I was surprised as she hated any kind of heels; she kept to Converse and flats. Somehow  we managed to get ready in under thirty minutes which was a plus, of course. I guess it was only chucking on some clothes and looking presentable.

We both went downstairs to meet the girls. I looked at the time and it was only ten past seven. For us, that was record time, although we were still late. Ron and Rihana were both wearing long sleeved black stretch dresses and white converse. I guess they were going for the ‘twin’ act tonight. We all hugged each other because we hadn’t seen each other in a whole two days.

“I called a cab because I know Aana didn’t want to drive. It should be here right about now.” By pure coincidence, the taxi pulled up a few seconds later. Bruno Mars’s Runaway Baby started to ring, we all looked at Lottie. She shrugged and pulled out her phone from her purse.

“Yep, in the taxi.” I assumed it was Nate checking where we were. “Five minutes.” “Ok. Bye.”

“Nate?” Ron asked. She nodded and went back to day dreaming.