Summer - REWRITTEN

– 10 Months Later

AANA'S P.O.V

“SUMMER GIRLS!” I screeched, at the top of my voice. Today was finally the day where school was finished and I was free. Honestly, school right now was driving me crazy, I basically counted down the day to a holiday, at more desperate times, a weekend. As it was the last day of school, we finished at 12pm which meant we normally went out for the rest of the day to celebrate finishing another term without dropping out. We were all currently walking to Lipenn Bazaar, which was the new buffet in the centre. I was a massive foodie, which meant whenever I was out I'd make it my task to go to a restaurant. Lipenn Bazaar was a massive new buffet restaurant in the centre of town which I literally adored. I had encouraged everybody to go here for the end of term to celebrate over food. Amazing food. As it was in the centre, it was only about ten minutes away so we decided to walk instead of taking a smelly bus. I'm telling you, I could not wait until I was able to get my driving licence and a car. An Audi, to be percise. 

One major thing I really hated had to be people, and who get on buses? Loads of stinky people. Out of all of us, myself and Lottie had to be the ones who hated being social the most. Whereas the rest were pretty ‘talk to everyone’ people. I realised I was now actually quite abit behind of the other girls, but being the shortest I walked so slow, I was pretty much always behind. Lottie and Gabby were at the front, Ellie and Neave were behind them, Emma and Kara were behind them and finally it was Ronnie, Jo and me at the back. It was quite a big group but we all got on great together. Emma and Neave weren’t in the same form group with us but I and Emma had been friends for ages and Ronnie and Neave were quite close anyway. It was nice to come together sometimes and just have a change from the normal people. 

We finally arrived in the centre after having to stop at Tesco, because Gabby wanted to buy a ‘Pink Lemonade’. That girl was such a cheapskate I swear, it's not even like she didn't have money, she just chose not to spend it. She insisted on going though so of course we were dragged along. I had booked the restaurant for one and we still had thirty minutes left before we had to be there. We had literally only been walking for ten minutes and I was out of breath. I was quite aware I was un-fit but this was bad, especially when Gabs and Lottie were with me on being out of breath.

“Guys, you don’t do Duke of Edinburgh, do you?” Neave laughed, looking back us, we had stopped to the side of the pavement, taking a break.

“Pft, no.” I said, managing a grin. So Duke of Edinburgh was a course which was offered to us where we had to complete certain activities such as going camping and going on hikes, volunteering and other stuff that you had to be fit to complete. Of course we walked out of that assembely the same way we walked in, completely unphased by them persuading us to take part.

“GUYS STOP!” Emma screamed coming to a halt. “It’s a grave, idiots. We can’t walk across!”

“We are not walking back and around.” Gabby laughed and carried on walking across the grass. And straight across the road, nearly getting killed on the way. Did nobody teach this girl ‘look left and freaking right’. I pulled her by her hood back just before she walked infront of a car and began shouting at her, with Lottie. The rest of them crossed swiftly waiting for the the green man, indicating that pedestrians are able to cross now without getting run over. After Lottie gave her a quick lesson on how to cross a road, we met the others on the side. 

We finally arrived at the restaurant. I and Ron were the only ones that had actually been so everybody else was pretty excited, unless they were just pretending to be for mysake. It was just a rank of different restaurants on the side of the harbour, it was beautiful, not to mention the food. As I was the one who booked I walked in first and walked up to the front desk. 

“Hi, table of nine for one, in the name of Forrester.” Aana chirped from the side, taking the small slip and leading us up the stairs. Upstairs was amazing, through the centre there was different buffets from different countries and all around were tables in different sizes. The smell was so amazing up here, it was like a fusion of every food that I adore. We were shown to our table, which was in the corner on decking, luckily, it was quite quiet today and there weren't many people here.The atmosphere was lovely and calm. We split up into two groups so whilst half got our food, the other half could stay and ‘look after’ the table.

Me and Lottie went up in the first half and were literally drooling over the chocolate fountain. Who needed savoury when there’s sweet? I grabbed a marshmallow from the side and stuck it under the fountain and then straight into my mouth. We decided we would start at the top and make our way down, although we had already stopped at the fountain. Then Once we had sat back down at the table again, the other half had left. The conversation was flowing and it was so good to be all together when we’re not solving equations. Each time we finished a plate the waitress would come and take the plates and we'd go up for another meal. Half way through the courses I was draped over Lottie because I was so full and she was draped over Gabs who was laying down with her jeans unbuttoned, much against our wishes.

"So, where do you see yourself in ten years?" Neave asked, picking at a plate of nuggets.

"Um, hot and famous." I said, laughing.

"Mm good luck, you'll need it." Gabs said, earning a glare from me.

After another hour of eating and feeling sick but continuing to eat the waitress came to take the plates and give the bill. Her hands were clearly full but Gabby had to stop her in the middle, just as she was about to walk back. I shook my head at her and looked away, grabbing my bag and card.

“Um Hi, I’m actually a child.” She smiled, trying to look young. This girl was impossible. The child’s price was half of the adults, but you had to be under eleven. Slight problem, we were all either fourteen or fifteen. Like I said she was a massive cheapskate. 

“Oh right, I can change that for you.” The woman smiled, probably trying not to smash her face in. just as she was walking away, all of the plates were all over the floor. In all fairness, I did think she was overdoing it abit. Like bitch please, don’t show off. She shot us a slight glare which soon turned into a smile and picked up the plates from the ground, calling the other staff to help her. To be quite honest, we were all trying very hard not to laugh, as she was still in front of our table. She quickly apologised and walked away.

“Well she’s not getting a tip.” Kara grinned, from the other side of the table. Kara and Jo were currently shouting at each other and Gabby was busy putting chips and jelly into my water. She's so lucky I'm bloody finished. Personally I think she makes it her personal mission to annoy everybody, every day. Normally she was annoying everybody and then would I would join in, but only occasionally we would annoy each other. Although none of them ever got annoyed, they just laughed it off and turned to others. By others I mean Ronnie. She was by far the easiest person to annoy, seeing as she was so ‘innocent’ and didn’t agree with Gabby’s puns and my sexual winking at the table.

Once we had all finished, we paid and walked out. I spent ten minutes telling Gabs she's not allowed to pick up chicken nuggets and walk out, although I was quite tempted myself. The weather was so nice and hot. Most of the girls were headed back into the centre to shop abit, but me and Lottie were heading home from here. I loved going out half days but I loved it even more going out after and relaxing. We all said our good byes and had our little dramatic cries, then went our different ways. Luckily my bus stop was only across the road, but unfourtunately for me I had to deal with all the weirdos around. Wish me bloody luck.